View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 07:32 AM   #38
awareness

Default Re: Can I be candid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
KnB, these are very difficult questions to answer, and a very difficult subject for many people.

On the thread "The Problem of Evil" in the Alternative Views Sub-Forum we explored this topic for some time with many diverse viewpoints, in case you are interested.
You took the words right outta me mouth bro Ohio.

The problem of evil has been a question since 500 years before Jesus. Maybe longer, but no record of it, so far ; and it's caused lots of believers to become atheists.

I'm pleased to see you embrace Kindness. She's not just a believer that became an atheist, she's a LCer that became an atheist (and I think she's better off).

She reminds me of your favorite leading Bible scholar, Dr. Bart Ehrman. The POE threw him too. From what I've read out here he went from a devoted born again to an atheist because of the problem of evil (he actually embraces agnosticism, if anything - but he sure knows his Bible inside and out (that's what tripped up his belief that the Bible is the inerrant inspired Word of God).

Hey, maybe sister Kindness can resurrect the POE thread, way way down in the sub-forum in the dungeon of AltVs (right next to Tartarus, methinks). That would be cool.

Last edited by awareness; 11-15-2017 at 07:33 AM. Reason: "d"
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote