View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 08:12 AM   #297
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: The Wild, Wild MidWest - All things Great Lakes Area and Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
TC demanded that the other elders at Cols Christian Assy side with him, and together they terminated all financial and housing support for John and his family.
So much for "administration local, each answering to the Lord"
So it turns out the John was not really a true biblical elder (maybe unbeknownst to him, but definitely to Chu). He was simply one of the branch managers of the Titus Chu division of the Local Church. It turns of that John was not serving at the pleasure of the King of kings, but rather he was serving at the pleasure of the bishop of the Midwest. When he found out that the bishop "had no clothes", and was unwilling to pretend that he did, he was betrayed by the bishop and the other branch managers. So what has become of the Titus Chu branch office in Columbus? Don't tell me, let me guess....a couple of dozen adults holed up on Sunday mornings pray-reading, singing and "prophesizing" the words of a man. (Lee or Chu...what does it matter). No preaching of the biblical gospel, no community outreach, no ministries to poor and needy in their community, no ministries to young people that are culturally relevant, no ministries to assist people with their families, marriages or life in general.

Quote:
In a move surely to upset the proverbial apple cart, Keith Miller and the Cincinnati Community Church has recently merged with a non-LC assembly nearby them called Impact Church for strengthening and fellowship. Their website has more information. May the Lord grant them a fresh beginning in Cincinnati.
My understanding is that Miller et al unhitched from the LSM/LC/Chu apple cart a while back, so I doubt that they care very much if that apple cart is upset or not. I would say that this "merge" with Impact Church is a very positive step. I think all of the former LSM/LC churches should consider such a direction. The simple truth is that Local Church leaders are ill-equipped to meet the spiritual needs of most of the members. (sorry to be so frank, and this is not an indictment of the heart or character of these brothers). I really believe they would do well (for themselves and the rest of the church) to seek the support and assistance of an established, evangelical church or group of churches with an established, educated and proven leadership team.
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote