View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 07:36 PM   #27
awareness

Default Re: Does "Baptist" Mean to a Baptist What "Recovery" Means..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Look at all Steve Isitt "Indiana" has gone through.

Max and Ingalls et. al. never had their quarantines lifted.

I have talked before how ludicrous these *quarantines* are.
They might be ludicrous, but they aren't funny.

Hosepipe (Elden Hall fame) once pointed out the carnage that was left in Lee's wake.

I know bro Drake has a favorable view of the LC ... to say the least ... bless his little pea pickin' heart. But the truth is that, prolly there's more that has walked away from the LC, than is in it at the moment. No one has kept a count.

But I've seen plenty leave, or get the boot. I remember when Max Rappoport was sent by Lee, to many localities. He was sent to shake things up. And that he did. He came to the c. in Ft. Lauderdale with an unusual message called, "On the Floor Fellowship" -- in other words, stop the all the spiritual pretending.

Right after that, a brother that came into the LC with me, a close friend before the LC, and up to that point a very on fire burning brother, walked, with strong outspoken vulgar opposition.

And word came back after Max left, of worse carnage in the other localities he assaulted. I was told in some cases that half the membership walked away.

Then, Mel Porter, head elder, stood up in meeting and said something like, "now that we've gotten rid of the dead weight, that was holding the church back, we can go on stronger than ever before.

That turned my stomach. Calling burning brothers and sisters, that were giving their all to Christ and the Church, dead weight, didn't wash with me in the least. That was just another bone of contention I had with Porter. By that time I had already caught on. That Porter had no touch with the Lord whatsoever. That all he had was blind zealotry towards Lee -- which is why Lee declared him lead elder of the c. in Ft. Lauderdale.

Then, years later, there was the quarantining of churches in the Mid-West.

More carnage ... that Christ wasn't causing. So much for the ground of locality bringing unity to Christians. That too was a great disappointment for me.

And I don't think he intends to, maybe he's never thought of it before, but brother Drake doesn't seem to show any sympathy toward those good brothers and sisters in the Lord, that were swept out, in Lee's wake. Maybe he thinks, or feels, "good riddance." Maybe he thinks good riddance toward all us exLCer's out here. Where the heart is, there lies the treasure.