View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 09:57 AM   #301
Trapped

Default Re: One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Trapped,

Before moving on we need to clarify what is meant by these comments.

I am not really sure we are disagreeing on the uncertain sound vs sound. It seems the same to me.... whether you are thinking about the trumpet of the tribes of Israel at say Jericho... a horn with a certain sound (a ram's horn)... or you are referring to modern military trumpet with a certain tune fit for purpose (e.g. charge, taps, wake up). What is the distinction you are making here? In either case, the sound or sounding of the trumpet in the example is the same.
The distinction I am making is on the emphasis. You (LSM/Lee/whoever) see's "trumpet" and hyperfocus on the fact that there is one and only one trumpet. Where from the verses does the focus on the attribute of singularity come from? Why not focus on what type of metal the trumpet may be made of? Why not focus on what note the trumpet probably played? The focus needs to be what is presented in the verses themselves.......the quality (certainness) of the sound. You can have a bunch of trumpets making the same uncertain sound.....it is all the same but it's all uncertain in the same way. The point is not the sameness as you described, it's the certainness. See my post #277.

I told you I would suspend belief on the analogy but on this point I stopped suspending belief about the analogy, so that's "my bad". You can respond to this point or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
On the second point, I don't see any "blatant lie 40 times over". Where in the authors explanation (Brother Lee's) of the trumpet, the sound, the ministry, the analogy of an army, is a blatant lie 40 times over? Point it out using the text of Brother Lee's words. That is what we are discussing at this time. Don't just make an accusation like that without substantiating it....we are having a conversation aren't we?.... we have his words in front of us so do the due diligence and show us exactly where. Just clip it and insert it and bold it.

Drake
I did not say the trumpet, sound, ministry, army is a blatant lie 40 times over. I said the claim that what is being talked about does not involve the Lord's recovery is a lie 40 times over. I detailed this in post #273.

Trapped
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote