Thread: A Word of Love
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #51
TLFisher

Default Re: A Word of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by countmeworthy View Post
Not to take anything from this experience ZNP, to make a point about 'good material' for the church life, would this experience been equally successful if it had been 14 people come into the meetings of the church in Taipei ?...or just a group of people who work at grocery stores or department stores ? or from a homeless shelter?
CMW, you mentioned what had been on my mind last night and into the morning; "good material".
What is good material and who is good material? Is this a term relegated to men and women enrolled in universities? What about men and women who choose to enlist in the armed forces? What about men and women who choose to work in supermarkets? What men and women who choose labor trades as their career?
Since the churches have chosen to emphasize the campus work, how come in the campus work, the emphasis is on college freshmen?
As I have been saying along in posts and on other threads, the recovery has become specialized and gone away from being general. In order for local churches to be truly a local church, there has to be generality.
Question I had is since there's such an emphasis on campus work, why can't middle school and high school students start their own Christian clubs in their schools? Surely the ACLU would protest, but it's the students starting the clubs. This would be my answer to why focus on college campuses for good material? Why limit yourselves to the college campuses? When there's much more good material in the middle schools and in high schools.
When I drop my two eldest children at their Thursday night Youth Ministry which covers middle school and high school students, there is easily 20-30 students or more on a weekly basis. If this is just one congregation within my locality, how many more are out there?
TLFisher is offline   Reply With Quote