View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 10:30 AM   #335
Drake

Default Re: One Publication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
Ah, sorry, I must have skipped over the portion in the Bible that talks about imprints and it's relevance to........oh, nothing.
Trapped,

Of course it is relevant to this discussion. You made an erroneous assertion that A&C was not published by LSM so it didn't count as being part of the One Publication. LSM publishes A&C.... it just doesn't fit your narrative around the "One Publication".

You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Quote:
Drake, the recent Collected Works of Witness Lee alone is 136 volumes. If we assume each volume is 1 inch wide, that is over 11 LINEAR FEET and I believe it's actually quite a bit more than that. Add in all of the rest of Lee's books (and throw in Nee's, too, he's got Lee standing on his shoulders so they are inseparable as far as I'm concerned), and you have the multiple BOOKCASES worth (100? 120? 150 linear feet? I think that is conservative) of Nee/Lee's repertoire found in many saints' homes. Tell me how significant the, shall we be generous, 8 inches (? willing to be corrected here) of McDonough or JPL or Aff Crit are in comparison. They are not a talking point here, sorry. How many HWMR have quotes from McDonough in them? Have you ever heard someone refer to passages from "the ministry" and you turn around and see they actually have a JPL book in their hand?
You're estimates of 100 to 150 linear feet are way off... try 20 linear feet of Brother Lee and Brother Nee.... and so if your point is that LSM publishes primarily the works of those two brothers vs. others then the answer is ... OF COURSE! No one claims any different... why I conveyed that very idea in an earlier post. I even went a little further than that... I said LSM published a "genre" meaning the body of work published by LSM was of the same character and train of thought. Oh, but "genre" was untenable.. no, the argument from "some" went that the One Publication was exclusively about one author, Witness Lee, with a smattering of supporting documents from Watchman Nee. A utterly erroneous assertion. Therefore, if your criticism is that then we have nothing more to discuss... we are done... case closed...mission accomplished. Trapped and Drake agree totally that LSM publishes primarily the works of Witness Lee and Watchman Nee and others of that "genre".

Quote:
Your option 1 "trumpeting" these insignificant number of other authors as a percentage of LSM's publication just isn't relevant. They are a sneeze, an afterthought, a tiny sliver and are not part of the "practical expression" (to borrow another meaningless phrase) of the one publication that is absolutely dominated by Nee/Lee.

Your option 2 suggesting there are 2, 3, 4 publication works is not supported by "the One Publication" itself and doesn't go anywhere.
But were not done. The sum total of those other LSM publications on my shelf are about 5 linear feet. But I probably do not have everything... in fact, I'm sure I do not. And to refute an earlier allegation that members of the local churches in good standing must not have other authors except those published by LSM I have another 20 linear feet of non-LSM authors. I am not alone either.

Therefore, the answer is Option 1. There is one publication, primarily of two authors by volume, but includes many other authors of the same genre. No one is forced to only read LSM publications, no one is forced to buy LSM publications, and no church must buy LSM publications to be considered a local church. A local church's standing is not based on whether they read the ministry or not. Brothers and sisters can choose to go to LSM sponsored conferences and trainings or not.

This is a volunteer army.

I understand this does not fit the narrative of this forum nor your concepts ......but the facts are there along with Brother Lee's teaching on it. Read the base note again and his statements on this.

Now you will argue... but there are contradictory statements... so we'll discuss those and see how contradictory they really are.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote