View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 08:13 PM   #27
Drake

Default Re: My situation with the LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGOP View Post
My girlfriend is the exception (dating outside the LC)
No, she is not and you could not possibly know differently given your limited experience. And "dating" probably happens more outside than it does inside since dating is not encouraged,

Quote:
I do not want to raise my family in the LC.
Okay, tell her that.

Quote:
I really need advice on where to go from here, and I'm not sure if anybody else here as found themselves in a situation in any way similar to mine.
Yes, similar.

Quote:
Even if you haven't, knowing what you know about the local church, how would you go about explaining to somebody who was born and raised in the "church life" about my concerns.
You do not appear unable to express yourself here so what is the issue doing so with her?

Quote:
Here's what I'm leaning towards doing right now... Thoughts?
Brother, you have heard a lot of sound advice about prayer, waiting on the Lord, honesty with yourself and her, letting the Lord unfold the matter, and yet you talk about laying out plans and schemes. There is love, then there is love. There is love that makes a man desperate, then there is love that puts her first, shares the heart, that can wait for things to be right, that relies on the Lord and His timing. You've heard as much here already and it won't get any better than that.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote