View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 05:49 AM   #62
Ohio

Default Re: Signs of Decline in LSMs Recovery - Tomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
To me, this all explains why LC numbers are so small. I think that the BB's and LC elders honestly believe that they can gain loads of people, and that is why there putting forth the effort to do so. The reality of the situation, however, is that WL had a very different attitude to getting the increase he wanted. He spoke publicly about it, but then when it didn't work out, he would shell up and claim how he needed only a few people who were loyal to him.
That statement that Lee made was extremely manipulative and totally dishonest.

I was there when he made it, at least one of the times. It was designed to tug at your heart to coerce us into a more absolute consecration to Lee's commands. Dont believe for one second that Lee was content with ten or twenty followers, neither did he want those who just "practice the truth." His overriding demand was for unfailing and unquestioning loyalty to his leadership. To his inner blended circle of loyalists, they would "leave all" to follow him, including their wife and kids. Then they could feel the "glory of true discipleship," just as the earliest disciples who left all to follow Jesus.

Think about the implications of that. Lee wanted to be their "jesus." That alone was the entrance requirement for being truly "blended."

Most of us at the time never understood what Lee was doing.