View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 04:39 PM   #328
Ohio

Default Re: MERGED THREAD: Leaders of the Lord's Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
If this is pure redundancy, please delete.

It seems incredible that very shortly before the cross, the Lord caught his disciples arguing about who was to be boss, MOTA, dictator, oracle,etc. He spoke directly to the problem. Hear me you disciples, what you are talking about is the way the gentiles operate. With you it is not going to be that way. Whoever is to be great is going to be your servant. It seems that's not that difficult to understand. No kings, dictators, oracles.
Yes, Lisbon, that was pure redundancy, at least for those of us who read the Bible, but keep saying it, since few in leadership seem to be hearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
By the way oracle is not mentioned in the NT except referring to the OT. Peter instructs all of us to speak as oracles of God but never one Oracle. No singular apostle, only apostles spoken of in NT. I almost wanted to vomit at poor RK's going on about WL as a bond slave at the time of Lee's passing. I never heard of anyone disagreeing with WL and living to tell about it. WL had no co-Workers. What? A slave. It's just plain silly.
That's kind of like these career politicians in Wash DC calling themselves "public servants."

The only true "public servants" are the volunteers.