Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Suggestions and Feedback

Suggestions and Feedback Throw your two cents in here! Give us your suggestions & feedback for the title/subject of a new board.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:51 AM   #1
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Regarding some recent technical problems for Forum posters.

Regarding some recent technical problems for Forum posters.

Apparently some members have experienced some issues with posting on the Forum. I am looking into this matter with our hosting company.

In order for me to most effectively troubleshoot the issues, could anyone who is having problems please state the EXACT nature of the issues they are experiencing.

Thanks!
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:25 AM   #2
Freedom

Default Re: Regarding some recent technical problems for Forum posters.

I have been having some issues when quoting other members. If I quote someone, type my response, then click the Preview Post button, all the text in the message box will disappear. The issue seems to happen sporadically, mainly if I'm quoting larger posts. If the quote is just a few lines, the text won't disappear in the message box after hitting the Preview Post button.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 09:44 AM   #3
UntoHim

Ok, this is what some others have experienced as well. As a temporary safeguard, I have been highlighting and saving my entire post (including any quotes or other formatting), then previewing or posting on the forum. This is a real pain but hopefully it's just a temporary solution.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:23 AM   #4
UntoHim

I spent some quality time on the phone with our host company yesterday, and also with a technical adviser I have consulted with locally as well. It seems that our host company has experienced some internal problems with their main server, and they are working on the problem. It might be a few days until they get things back to normal. Also, I will be looking into upgrading the forum software to a newer version of Vbulletin, which may help the situation as well. Hang in there LCDers, I'm working on it!
Old 08-26-2015, 08:55 AM   #5
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
I spent some quality time on the phone with our host company yesterday, and also with a technical adviser I have consulted with locally as well. It seems that our host company has experienced some internal problems with their main server, and they are working on the problem. It might be a few days until they get things back to normal. Also, I will be looking into upgrading the forum software to a newer version of Vbulletin, which may help the situation as well. Hang in there LCDers, I'm working on it!
Thanks.

I never could determine if it was random in nature.

I know that some posters use another program to write posts, and then copy to the LCD forum. I thought that might create issues with embedded characters.