Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > The Local Church in the 21st Century

The Local Church in the 21st Century Observations and Discussions regarding the Local Church Movement in the Here and Now

Old 01-07-2018, 06:49 AM   #1
micah6v8

Default Does anyone know who is the main person/people in LSM these days?

Hi

The Morning Revivals are based on Conferences.

Does anyone know who is the main person/people in LSM these days who (i) decides what the Conference should cover (E.g. who decides that in 2018 whether we should be having a crystallisation study of Ezekiel) (ii) who actually writes the Banners for the training? Or the Message Outlines? (iii) who decides which excerpts of WL's books to be put in the Day 1,2,3,4,5,6 of Morning Revival?
micah6v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:01 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Does anyone know who is the main person/people in LSM these days?

Ron Kangas runs doctrine & Benson Phillips runs organization.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:35 AM   #3
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: Does anyone know who is the main person/people in LSM these days?

Great questions micah6v8!

I think what our last guest has posted is probably a very accurate short version answer to your first question. I think a more comprehensive answer would come if we actually knew who made up the full complement of "Blended Brothers". Obviously, Kangas and Phillips could probably be considered "first among equals. At one time Andrew Yu could have been considered as a Blended Brother of the first order, but I understand Yu has had significant health issues. (I also understand he has recovered over recent years...praise God for that)

At Lee's death, I assumed we would find out about who has the reigns of leadership by noting who were the main speakers at the bi-annual trainings in Anaheim. I think this may have held true in the late 90s into the 2000s. I believe the main speakers were Ron Kangas, Andrew Yu, Benson Phillips, Minoru Chen and maybe a number of others such as Dick Taylor. I believe all these brothers were on the Living Stream board of directors.

As far as the message outlines and the training banners and the like, I think they are just carbon copies straight from the speaking of Witness Lee. I could be mistaken about this.

-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 08:04 AM   #4
Koinonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ron Kangas runs doctrine & Benson Phillips runs organization.
I would add Ed Marks to doctrine and Andrew Yu to organization, although you've identified the key people.

Because of declining health, Benson Phillips, Andrew Yu, and Dick Taylor have all not been speaking recently.

The current lineup of speakers is usually: Ron Kangas, Ed Marks, Minoru Chen, James Lee, and Mark Raabe (added in the last few years). I've also seen Ricky Acosta being added recently.
Koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:12 PM   #5
JJ

James Lee is also one of the speakers at conferences.
They rarely say anything that isn’t Lee rehash though.
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NASB)
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:34 PM   #6
Unregistered

Hi

Anyone has the breakdown of P&L for past 5 years and the key Management and BOD remunerations in LSM.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:16 AM   #7
Unregistered

Did anyone how much LSM is earning for the last 5 years. How much of their key Management team and Board of Directors are being paid?
Old 02-08-2018, 06:34 PM   #8
HERn

Quote:
Did anyone how much LSM is earning for the last 5 years. How much of their key Management team and Board of Directors are being paid?
LSM earns millions a year, but the leaders and officers are paid modestly compared to southern California. There are other threads here that provide links to that kind of information. LSM is a very large organization, so we should not be surprised that the leaders and officers are well recompensed.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:57 PM   #9
OhLordJesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERn View Post
LSM earns millions a year, but the leaders and officers are paid modestly compared to southern California. There are other threads here that provide links to that kind of information. LSM is a very large organization, so we should not be surprised that the leaders and officers are well recompensed.
So, LSM is just another worldly huge non-profit organization with LCM worked in there? Does anyone have any photo of the interior of LSM office?
OhLordJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:31 PM   #10
kumbaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
Great questions micah6v8!

I think what our last guest has posted is probably a very accurate short version answer to your first question. I think a more comprehensive answer would come if we actually knew who made up the full complement of "Blended Brothers". Obviously, Kangas and Phillips could probably be considered "first among equals. At one time Andrew Yu could have been considered as a Blended Brother of the first order, but I understand Yu has had significant health issues. (I also understand he has recovered over recent years...praise God for that)

At Lee's death, I assumed we would find out about who has the reigns of leadership by noting who were the main speakers at the bi-annual trainings in Anaheim. I think this may have held true in the late 90s into the 2000s. I believe the main speakers were Ron Kangas, Andrew Yu, Benson Phillips, Minoru Chen and maybe a number of others such as Dick Taylor. I believe all these brothers were on the Living Stream board of directors.

As far as the message outlines and the training banners and the like, I think they are just carbon copies straight from the speaking of Witness Lee. I could be mistaken about this.

-
I have been wondering this- thanks so much for clarifying! You would think they would name themselves on the "afaithfulword" site. They may have slipped it in somewhere in their exhaustive defense- and I missed it
kumbaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:34 PM   #11
kumbaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koinonia View Post
I would add Ed Marks to doctrine and Andrew Yu to organization, although you've identified the key people.

Because of declining health, Benson Phillips, Andrew Yu, and Dick Taylor have all not been speaking recently.

The current lineup of speakers is usually: Ron Kangas, Ed Marks, Minoru Chen, James Lee, and Mark Raabe (added in the last few years). I've also seen Ricky Acosta being added recently.
I wonder what will happen when there's not a generation of leaders that wasn't around Lee...
Old 02-09-2018, 08:36 PM   #12
kumbaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhLordJesus View Post
So, LSM is just another worldly huge non-profit organization with LCM worked in there? Does anyone have any photo of the interior of LSM office?
The new center in Anaheim is VERY nice, I got a tour. Very impressive. Also, very unnecessary. Too bad.
Old 02-11-2018, 05:39 PM   #13
OhLordJesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumbaya View Post
The new center in Anaheim is VERY nice, I got a tour. Very impressive. Also, very unnecessary. Too bad.
Thank you, Kumbaya. Hope I can visit the office one day.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:34 PM   #14
kumbaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhLordJesus View Post
Thank you, Kumbaya. Hope I can visit the office one day.
Go to a training graduation- they (at least they used to) give tours. Of course, you'd probably have to know someone in the FTT and be invited. But if you're in the church, I'm sure you could visit.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:45 PM   #15
OhLordJesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumbaya View Post
Go to a training graduation- they (at least they used to) give tours. Of course, you'd probably have to know someone in the FTT and be invited. But if you're in the church, I'm sure you could visit.
Haha, I am not living in US.

Last edited by OhLordJesus; 02-11-2018 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Read and understand wrongly
Old 02-11-2018, 07:20 PM   #16
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Quote:
You might create an account and find some information here:
The Evangelical Christian Publishers Association (ECPA)

http://ecpa.site-ym.com/members/?id=9490584
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote