Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Christian Movements/Ministries

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2008, 07:23 PM   #1
kisstheson

Smile "That They May Be One, Even As We Are One" - by TAS

Dear brothers and sisters,

I have been burdened for a long time now to begin a thread like this. The messages spoken by dear brother TAS in Manila, the Philippines, from January 30, 1964 to March 12, 1964 are a real treasure for all believers in Christ. The transcripts of these 42 spoken messages can be found in two volumes (both of which are free upon request from Emmanuel Church in Tulsa, OK) entitled "That They May Be One, Even As We Are One".

I envision this thread to be a sort of "blog", containing my thoughts, reflections, and meditations as I read through these 42 messages spoken by TAS, interspersed with comments and questions from you dear ones.

A rich nugget in the book's introduction concerns dear brother TAS's realization that "the enemy is set upon destroying anything that will result in the Lord Jesus coming into His full place." TAS knew that a great cost is required from all those who would participate in allowing the Lord His right to come into His full place. TAS knew that he himself and his ministry must never become such an important issue to the believers that they become a device used by the enemy to divide and destroy God's people, and that he and his ministry must never become something that competes with the Lord Jesus for His full place. TAS said this: "I am sure that you will never make me or my ministry a ground of division. There is no need to fight for me; the Lord is on the Throne, and He can order things to His Own Will - while we pray and trust Him."

What a blessed beginning!

Last edited by kisstheson; 08-11-2008 at 08:13 PM.
kisstheson is offline   Reply With Quote