Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Alternative Views - Click Here to Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 09:22 PM   #2001
Ohio

Default Re: Politics and the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
Oh it was sweet. If you are abused you have to go to 30 days of counseling, no doubt counseling similar to the "can't we all just get along" and "think of all the people that will be harmed" counseling. If you still wish to pursue a lawsuit you then need 30 days of mediation -- attempt to buy your silence at a fraction of the cost. Finally, if you still wish to pursue it you need a 30 day cooling off period.

The beauty of this is that there is a 180 day deadline to file. So if someone hesitated for a month or two before starting this process this required cooling off period could literally make it mute.

Finally, if you do sue and win the money is paid by a government fund and not by the offending party! Imagine if LSM had a slush fund to pay for PL's indiscretions!
So, Roy Moore was the needle that lanced this boil.
Perhaps LSM did have such a fund, plus they had the legal defense team to go after the victims.
Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:21 AM   #2002
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: What an idiot.

Kim Jong Un May Have Caused a Parasitic Worm Epidemic in North Korea By Making Farmers Spread Human Faeces on Their Crops
Old 11-17-2017, 09:09 AM   #2003
awareness
Moderator of Alternative Views

Quote:
Kim Jong Un May Have Caused a Parasitic Worm Epidemic in North Korea By Making Farmers Spread Human Faeces on Their Crops
... lol ...

I shouldn't laugh. When I was a kid I helped my uncle load up a manure spreader with cow manure from the barn. Then he pulled it up next to our outhouse, and scooped up the outhouse contents, the human fecal matter, and put that into the manure spreader.

Then he spread that all over our garden. It grossed me out. But I've never tasted better tomatoes.

I hope the best for these North Korean farm workers.
There's enough religion in the world for people to hate each other. But not enough for people to love each other. There's a serpent in every paradise. "If Christianity is going to survive in the 21st century . . . it must learn to laugh at itself." -Rene Girard
awareness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:35 PM   #2004
ZNPaaneah

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
... lol ...

I shouldn't laugh. When I was a kid I helped my uncle load up a manure spreader with cow manure from the barn. Then he pulled it up next to our outhouse, and scooped up the outhouse contents, the human fecal matter, and put that into the manure spreader.

Then he spread that all over our garden. It grossed me out. But I've never tasted better tomatoes.

I hope the best for these North Korean farm workers.
I once worked at a facility as the groundskeeper when I was in High school and they had great tasting blackberries. Later I learned these bushes were over the septic tank.

We should separate food we eat from our fecal matter. He could have used the human fecal matter to fertilize flowers that were sold. This can be a very good cash crop without endangering the population.

Surely if they have the technology to make an ICBM with a Hydrogen bomb they know this.
Old 11-17-2017, 12:53 PM   #2005
zeek

Quote:
Thanks for ruining my lunch.

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Phillip K. Dick
zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:08 PM   #2006
Ohio

Quote:
I read that article. Pretty sad.

This North Korean soldier? tried to defect to the South, and they shot him 5 times. They opened him up and found parasitic worms not yet known to medical science.

Have a nice lunch!
Old Yesterday, 07:26 AM   #2007
awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
I read that article. Pretty sad.

This North Korean soldier? tried to defect to the South, and they shot him 5 times. They opened him up and found parasitic worms not yet known to medical science.

Have a nice lunch!
I feel sorry for the people of North Korea. They are living in a personality cult that makes the personality cult of the local church look like innocent child's play. Sure we had marches, and all dressed the same in gospel robes. But I don't recall goosestepping.
There's enough religion in the world for people to hate each other. But not enough for people to love each other. There's a serpent in every paradise. "If Christianity is going to survive in the 21st century . . . it must learn to laugh at itself." -Rene Girard
Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM   #2008
Ohio

Quote:
I feel sorry for the people of North Korea. They are living in a personality cult that makes the personality cult of the local church look like innocent child's play. Sure we had marches, and all dressed the same in gospel robes. But I don't recall goosestepping.
They have entire prison cities with multiple generations that have never known freedom or a decent meal. Nothing to joke about.

I have read that the simple gospel of Jesus Christ is the hope of many.
Old Yesterday, 12:57 PM   #2009
awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
They have entire prison cities with multiple generations that have never known freedom or a decent meal. Nothing to joke about.

I have read that the simple gospel of Jesus Christ is the hope of many.
That's where the apocalyptical Jesus cries out loud and clear ; to the downcast, persecuted, suffering, and hopeless

North Koreans, just like in China today, I've read, where people have little or no hope, the idea that Jesus will return, ring in the kingdom of God, and end all hunger, disease, and suffering, has very strong and successful appeal. I've read hordes in China are flocking to groups and movements preaching the end times.

What's sad is that grifters and con artists see the end times as an opportunity to get rich, off those that are just looking for hope.

That's enough to turn any sober minded person off to end times preaching. Harold Camping comes to mind ($95 million). And Jim Bakker, with his $1500.00 End Time Survival Food Buckets.
Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM   #2010
Ohio

Quote:
That's where the apocalyptical Jesus cries out loud and clear ; to the downcast, persecuted, suffering, and hopeless

North Koreans, just like in China today, I've read, where people have little or no hope, the idea that Jesus will return, ring in the kingdom of God, and end all hunger, disease, and suffering, has very strong and successful appeal. I've read hordes in China are flocking to groups and movements preaching the end times.

What's sad is that grifters and con artists see the end times as an opportunity to get rich, off those that are just looking for hope.

That's enough to turn any sober minded person off to end times preaching. Harold Camping comes to mind ($95 million). And Jim Bakker, with his $1500.00 End Time Survival Food Buckets.
No one is getting rich off these prisoners in NoKo.
Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM   #2011
Ohio

Default Re: Politics and the Church

The Roy Moore smear job was poorly planned by WaPo.

They have given him far too much time to rebut the allegations, and too much time for others to come forward as character' witnesses.

Roy Moore announces 12 testimonials from women affirming his character

It's looking like Clarence Thomas deja vu.

The left pulled out all stops with famed lawyer Gloria Allred representing the latest of Moore's "victims." Finally they produced their first "real evidence."

Turns out their Class Yearbook signature was a total forgery. Roy Moore/da was NOT Roy Moore/district attorney, but Roy Moore/Debra Adams. As is customary, his secretary signed for him, and these idiots just lifted the signature onto the Class Yearbook.

Unbelievably stupid. Reminds me of that "legit" Bush letter discovered by disgraced anchor Dan Rather of CBS. Turned out to have proportional spacing before it was even invented.

I wonder when those who called Roy Moore a "pig" will be willing to reconsider?