Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > The Local Church in the 21st Century

The Local Church in the 21st Century Observations and Discussions regarding the Local Church Movement in the Here and Now

Old 09-03-2016, 09:17 PM   #1
Evangelical

Default Can someone please explain Lee vs BB?

I admit I am ignorant to much of the history of the LC.

So I hope someone can explain something for me, or if it is already addressed on this forum, give me the forum link.

I have read Titus Chu's final letter to the blended brothers, seems to hold Lee in favourable light, as compared to the BB. The letter I read is here:
http://twoturmoils.com/tituschufinalletter.htm

It suggests that the BB diverged from the teaching of Nee/Lee and the ministry, concerning the role of the ministry and the church and nature of the universal/local church.

Yet I find many here are grouping Lee and the BB as being the same, and seemingly blaming Lee for the problems that Titus Chu suggests was started by the BB.

I think this would help me understand the current problems faced by the LC and the views of many who have been in the movement longer than I.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 05:56 PM   #2
Freedom

Default Re: Can someone please explain Lee vs BB?

There are others here who could provide you with a much better explanation of who the “blended brothers” (BB’s) are, but here are just a few general things about them. Several of them worked closely with Lee since he came to this country. The younger ones were basically given prominent positions as a result of their loyalty to Lee during the 80’s when the local churches were engulfed in turmoil.

WL more or less made the BB’s his heir apparent during his final years in the 90’s. After his death, they proceeded to line everyone up under their leadership, but this didn’t sit too well with other coworkers of WL such as Titus, so another ‘turmoil’ ensued.

As to whether the BB’s were ‘different’ from Lee, it’s hard to say. They claim to only be ‘respeaking’ his ministry. On the other hand, they used his ministry in ways to promote themselves as his continuation, particularly in regards to the “Minister of the Age” (MOTA) teaching that came into the limelight in the mid-2000’s. WL had previously taught this, claiming that Nee was a ‘MOTA’ aka Seer of the Divine Revelation in the Present Age, as well as hinting that he himself was Nee’s ‘continuation’, but I think that the BB’s picked up on it and took it to the extreme.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:15 PM   #3
Evangelical

Default Re: Can someone please explain Lee vs BB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
There are others here who could provide you with a much better explanation of who the “blended brothers” (BB’s) are, but here are just a few general things about them. Several of them worked closely with Lee since he came to this country. The younger ones were basically given prominent positions as a result of their loyalty to Lee during the 80’s when the local churches were engulfed in turmoil.

WL more or less made the BB’s his heir apparent during his final years in the 90’s. After his death, they proceeded to line everyone up under their leadership, but this didn’t sit too well with other coworkers of WL such as Titus, so another ‘turmoil’ ensued.

As to whether the BB’s were ‘different’ from Lee, it’s hard to say. They claim to only be ‘respeaking’ his ministry. On the other hand, they used his ministry in ways to promote themselves as his continuation, particularly in regards to the “Minister of the Age” (MOTA) teaching that came into the limelight in the mid-2000’s. WL had previously taught this, claiming that Nee was a ‘MOTA’ aka Seer of the Divine Revelation in the Present Age, as well as hinting that he himself was Nee’s ‘continuation’, but I think that the BB’s picked up on it and took it to the extreme.
Thankyou for trying to address this. Some may group Lee the BB together by virtue of the fact that Lee made them 'heir apparent'.

However based upon Titus Chu's letter, it seems he does not regard Lee as being part of the BB's divergence.

Bit of a mystery, stories here and there.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote