Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Extras! Extras! Read All About It!

Extras! Extras! Read All About It! Everything else that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else

Old 11-12-2020, 06:07 PM   #1
PriestlyScribe

Default The idea that God always has one particular man for the moment is not new!

Those deviant teachings which greatly concerned F.B. Hole back in his day seem almost trivial in 2020. Had this very discerning author been given access to current "Lord's Recovery" teachings he most surely would have blown a fuse.... P.S.

Modern Mystical Teachings and the Word of God.
F. B. Hole.
Chapter 1 Features
Chapter 2 Eclipse of Objective Realities
Chapter 3 Belittling of Scripture
Chapter 4 Priestly Caste
Chapter 5 Self-occupation
Chapter 6 Fanciful and Extravagant Ideas
Chapter 7 Teaching as a Whole

Therefore seeing we have this ministry, even as we obtained mercy, we faint not; but we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by the manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. [2 Cor 4:1-2 ASV] - Our YouTube Channel - OUR WEBSITES - OUR FAVORITE SONG, ''I Abdicate''
PriestlyScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 04:51 PM   #2
Trapped

Default Re: The idea that God always has one particular man for the moment is not n

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriestlyScribe View Post
Those deviant teachings which greatly concerned F.B. Hole back in his day seem almost trivial in 2020. Had this very discerning author been given access to current "Lord's Recovery" teachings he most surely would have blown a fuse.... P.S.

Modern Mystical Teachings and the Word of God.
F. B. Hole.
Chapter 1 Features
Chapter 2 Eclipse of Objective Realities
Chapter 3 Belittling of Scripture
Chapter 4 Priestly Caste
Chapter 5 Self-occupation
Chapter 6 Fanciful and Extravagant Ideas
Chapter 7 Teaching as a Whole

This quote by F.B. Hole (I feel like I fall down the FB hole sometimes when I have nothing else to do on the weekends......get it?) really makes a lot of sense. By claiming that there can only be one unique man, it puts that man under tremendous pressure to continue to produce unique goods. Rather than pointing to the Unique Man, Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the man-made unique man thus has to continually generate "jaw dropping content" and we have fallen right into the trap of ear-tickling teachings the Bible talks about. Thanks for posting this.
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote