Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Calling All Saints!

Calling All Saints! This board will serve as a meeting place for ex Local Church members to reestablish contact with other former and current members. GUESTS may post here as well.

Old 04-11-2018, 02:43 AM   #1
manna-man

Lightbulb Why do we do what we do?

Good Morning Beloved!

Why do we do what we do?

Isaiah 53:6 ►
New International Version
We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Are we all not victims of our own devices?

We have all been warned via The Word about sin/leaven. We also tend to be followers of men instead of trusting The Lord.

So, the real question is then...Why are we suprised of all this Carnage?

Should we not trust men? Certainly we should but we should always test/prove what they say and do. We should use the common senses God gave us.

But most of all we need to make sure that we are planted firmly in the proper ground of Christ Jesus.

Peace.

Don Jr
manna-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:34 AM   #2
awareness

Default Re: Why do we do what we do?

As they say, common sense isn't very common.

Jer 10:23 I know, O LORD, that the way of man is not in himself, that it is not in man who walks to direct his steps.

Peace

awareness Jr
Old 04-11-2018, 07:01 AM   #3
aron

Default The Simplicity of the Gospel

I'd like to title my response: The Simplicity of the Gospel.

2 Corinthians 11:3-4 King James Version (KJV)

3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

The simplicity of the gospel is that if you believe in your heart, and confess with your mouth, that God has raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved.

The simplicity of the gospel is that God loved you so much that He sent His Only Begotten Son, that you might believe into This One and not perish but have everlasting life.

The simplicity of the gospel is that we the disobedient 'goats' saw the sinless Lamb of God, and repented, and became new again. Now we follow our Shepherd, just as He followed the Father.

Etc. The last point I kind of made up, but I think it ties to the first two. And this is my theme - everything we do and say either ties into the simple gospel message which we first heard and believed, or what we do becomes an entanglement, a snare, a distraction and a point of stumbling.

Not just what we say and teach but especially what we do (though the two are inextricably linked - bad teaching inevitably leads to the promotion of bad behavior, and good teaching exposes it).

In simplicity there is great power. The power that healed, that forgave, that loved beyond sin and took sinners back to the Father. The power that raised Jesus from the dead. Everything either looks at that simple message of love and power and simplicity and grows from it, or creates cobwebs and fictions.

The prophets looked ahead to the Coming One, the gospels testified of this, the Acts and Epistles showed the prophets pointing to Him. But if you get ensnared by webs of teachings, you will find yourself dismissing this. No, says the teaching ("God's Economy"); the prophet was not in spirit testifying of the Light to come but was in his own natural mind, positing natural concepts. Where does the NT receive scripture thus?

There are a multitude of warning signs when you deviate from the simplicity of the gospel. Creation itself will cry out - Beware!

It's not complicated, folks. That is the point. It is simple, it is pure, it is holy.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:45 AM   #4
awareness

Default Re: The Simplicity of the Gospel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
There are a multitude of warning signs when you deviate from the simplicity of the gospel. Creation itself will cry out - Beware!

It's not complicated, folks. That is the point. It is simple, it is pure, it is holy.
The Practice of the Presence of God
Paperback – June 8, 2016
by Brother Lawrence
https://www.amazon.com/Practice-Pres.../dp/1614279683

awareness Jr
Old 04-11-2018, 09:54 AM   #5
manna-man

Default Re: The Simplicity of the Gospel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
I'd like to title my response: The Simplicity of the Gospel.

2 Corinthians 11:3-4 King James Version (KJV)

3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

The simplicity of the gospel is that if you believe in your heart, and confess with your mouth, that God has raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved.

The simplicity of the gospel is that God loved you so much that He sent His Only Begotten Son, that you might believe into This One and not perish but have everlasting life.

The simplicity of the gospel is that we the disobedient 'goats' saw the sinless Lamb of God, and repented, and became new again. Now we follow our Shepherd, just as He followed the Father.

Etc. The last point I kind of made up, but I think it ties to the first two. And this is my theme - everything we do and say either ties into the simple gospel message which we first heard and believed, or what we do becomes an entanglement, a snare, a distraction and a point of stumbling.

Not just what we say and teach but especially what we do (though the two are inextricably linked - bad teaching inevitably leads to the promotion of bad behavior, and good teaching exposes it).

In simplicity there is great power. The power that healed, that forgave, that loved beyond sin and took sinners back to the Father. The power that raised Jesus from the dead. Everything either looks at that simple message of love and power and simplicity and grows from it, or creates cobwebs and fictions.

The prophets looked ahead to the Coming One, the gospels testified of this, the Acts and Epistles showed the prophets pointing to Him. But if you get ensnared by webs of teachings, you will find yourself dismissing this. No, says the teaching ("God's Economy"); the prophet was not in spirit testifying of the Light to come but was in his own natural mind, positing natural concepts. Where does the NT receive scripture thus?

Amen Aaron!

We all like to act all grown up when the simple reality of it all is that we are children. Anyone want to argue that would have a tough battle for there is ample evidence that we make major mistakes like children do.

Peace.��
manna-man is offline   Reply With Quote