Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Suggestions and Feedback

Suggestions and Feedback Throw your two cents in here! Give us your suggestions & feedback for the title/subject of a new board.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:16 AM   #1
Koinonia

Default Difficulty with New Posts

It is quite unwieldy from the front page to figure out how to create a new post. I would suggest that some alternative be found, as this may discourage newcomers from making their introductions. In order to make a new post, you have to dig down to the subforms and then find the option there. However, this is not immediately obvious.
Koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:07 AM   #2
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: Difficulty with New Posts

Thanks Koinonia for bringing this to our attention. This forum has always been "a work in process" - any and all suggestions are welcome!

As far as new people desiring to post their testimony, I think this has been put front and center as much as possible. The very first module on the HomePage (after the registration module) is the one that says:
Introductions And Testimonies To View All Posts or Post Your own Testimony, Click Here!
All the person has to do is click on the highlighted area:
http://localchurchdiscussions.com/vB...isplay.php?f=9
and then follow the simple instructions.

I am not aware of an easier way, but if anyone has any other suggestions or can point be to another Vbulletin forum that makes it easier to start threads, please let me know!

As far as making a new post, one only has to click on the particular "recent thread" and then hit the "Reply" or "Quote" button. What I can do is reduce the number of recent threads (it is now set at 13), and then the other forum boards would be more visible on the HomePage. Not sure if this is a acceptable solution, but it might be a start.

-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 11:06 AM   #3
Koinonia

Thank you, UntoHim. Actually, what I should have said is--difficulty with new threads. From the front page, it is rather difficult to figure out how to navigate around to post a new thread. I do not have a solution either, but maybe others have suggestions.
Old 08-06-2016, 11:27 AM   #4
Cal

Basically you have to go to a particular forum to start a new thread. So you pick the forum first, and then click Forum Tools (right above "Last Post" column) and select 'Post a New Thread.'

It is a little convoluted. But it does make sense that you have to pick a Forum to post a new thread in. Just remember, pick a forum, then create a thread. You can pick any forum by clicking its title in the rightmost column of the center box on the home page.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 11:38 AM   #5
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
Basically you have to go to a particular forum to start a new thread. So you pick the forum first, and then click Forum Tools (right above "Last Post" column) and select 'Post a New Thread.'

It is a little convoluted. But it does make sense that you have to pick a Forum to post a new thread in. Just remember, pick a forum, then create a thread. You can pick any forum by clicking its title in the rightmost column of the center box on the home page.
Picking the "right" sub-forum really helps with the organization of the considerable volume of information here.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:00 PM   #6
Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Picking the "right" sub-forum really helps with the organization of the considerable volume of information here.
Might be a good idea to just put a little note on the home page: "To create a new thread, select an appropriate forum, then click Forum Tools->Post a New Thread. "
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 09:12 PM   #7
Koinonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
Might be a good idea to just put a little note on the home page: "To create a new thread, select an appropriate forum, then click Forum Tools->Post a New Thread. "
I think this would help.