Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Turmoil and Concerns of the late 1980s

Old 02-15-2016, 12:53 PM   #1
TLFisher

Default Linko

http://www.thebereans.net/forum2/showthread.php?t=45265

Whatever happened to the money collected for the Linko building project?
It seems whether it was Daystar, Linko, or Living Stream Ministry, there has never been any financial transparency.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:32 PM   #2
HERn

Default Re: Linko

Let's go Linko? How about Stinko-Linko!

Here's where I think my American culture trumps the Chinese culture.

About 10 years ago one of my uncles convinced my dad to invest in a money exchange scheme that would provide double the investment by way of currency trading. My dad invested some money, and then at a visit with the uncle they both leaned on me to invest. I politely declined all the while saying to myself "this is stupid my wife would kill me".

If I had been Chinese I probably would not have been able to resist both my dad and uncle, and would have probably tried to recruit my adult kids. Being an American I could tell them "to stick it in their ears" and not worry about saving their lousy faces, and keep my money. On the downside, we Americans probably kill more of our relatives in domestic disputes than the Chinese do! So maybe it's a wash.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:42 PM   #3
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERn View Post
I was in Irving when that thing hit town, actually staying at the hall, in the basement. I used to think the Texas saints were "spiritual." I could not believe the young people there. They all huddled together during the afternoon and wrote "rah rah" songs to hype up the saints. Talk about winds and waves of movements. I never saw anything like it. All over a piece of land in Taiwan.

Apparently they bought the site, hoping to build a colossal stadium, but no one ever thought about checking the local zoning regulations. What a boondoggle!
Old 02-16-2016, 05:58 PM   #4
TLFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERn View Post
1983-1986 I was in high school and I never heard about Linko back then. It wasn't until several years ago when Indiana was playing the April-86 Elders training tape where Lee gives a long winded talk on Linko. If Linko was such a big deal with the land and monetary investments, did it all go?

We all know from the Sal Benoit tape, Witness Lee was very secretive when money came to LSM from the local churches. Just as Lee exhibited no transparency then, I expect none was given regarding Linko.