Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Fellowship Hall

Fellowship Hall Talk it over here. Also for prayer requests

Old 11-16-2016, 03:15 AM   #1
Koinonia

Default DeVern Fromke -- With the Lord

DeVern Frederick Fromke, 93, of Noblesville, passed away on Friday, October 28, 2016. He was born on July 28, 1923 to Oscar F. and Huldah K. (Lind) Fromke in Ortley, SD.

DeVern graduated from Seattle Pacific College and served in the ministry for 70 years. He traveled extensively as a teacher and author. His life work was God-centered and people focused. He was well loved and will be missed by many.

He is survived by his son, DeVon Fromke and his daughter in law, Patricia Fromke; grandchildren, David, Kyle and Laura Fromke; sister, Ellen Stock; and brother, Dr. Vincent Fromke.

DeVern was preceded in death by his first wife, Juanita (Jones) Fromke; and second wife, Ruth (Cowart) Fromke.

A memorial service will be held at 4:00 pm on Monday, November 14, 2016 at Grace Church with visitation beginning at 3:00 pm.
Koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 07:04 AM   #2
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default From FrankViola.Org

UPDATE: Posted on Frank Viola’s Facebook Wall October 29, 2016

One of my mentors has gone to be with the Lord. A treasured spiritual luminary has left this earth. DeVern Fromke is now with God. I met DeVern in 1993 along with Stephen Kaung (disciple of Watchman Nee). Kaung, another mentor to me, is still with us, though I understand he is 100 years old (or close to it). Fromke ministered in conferences with the man who has had the most influence on my life, T. Austin-Sparks — though Sparks left his realm before I ever heard his name. All of these men gave me my foundation in the Eternal Purpose of God. And I still marvel at the depth of revelation whenever I read Sparks.

Since 1993, I’ve had in-person meetings with Fromke, had him speak in one of my fellowships, kept in touch by phone, letter, email, and in his final days, sent greetings back and forth through mutual friends who lived near him. DeVern was always encouraging to me, especially in my writing. He in turn would always send me his newest titles.

He, along with Kaung and Sparks, were pioneers of God’s Ultimate Purpose. I’m grateful for his life and legacy. Beyond everything else, he showed me how to carry the Lord’s highest message without being egotistical or high-minded. DeVern was a portrait of the humility of Christ in a gifted vessel.

DeVern left us to be with the Lord yesterday afternoon (Oct. 28th, 2016 at 1:50pm EST). The above photo is of DeVern (left), T. Austin-Sparks (center), and Stephen Kaung (right) taken in 1966 at a conference wherein they all spoke. Giants in the land.
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:03 PM   #3
Koinonia

Default Re: DeVern Fromke -- With the Lord

DeVern Fromke was a gentle brother with a beautiful perspective of God and experience of God. During my struggles coming out of the LC, I was helped tremendously by his books, especially the book No Other Foundation. His other books Ultimate Intention and Unto Full Stature can be considered classics, in my opinion some of the best Christian books ever printed.

I also recommend checking this other Frank Viola post for some more insight into this brother's life and ministry.
Koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote