Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > To God Be The Glory!

To God Be The Glory! A Place to Praise, Honor and Glorify our God! Words of Praise and Encouragement. Poems, Hymns, Prayers, Words of Wisdom, Knowledge and Prophetic Speaking

Old 10-26-2016, 01:03 PM   #1
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Please Share Your Positive Testimonies and Memories of John Ingalls

News has come of the passing of John Ingalls. Funeral/memorial arrangements will be posted as soon as available.

Please Share Your Positive Testimonies and Memories of John Ingalls Here

For any of us who were in the Local Church in the 60s, 70s or 80s here in America, especially Southern California, I'm sure we would have something to share regarding our dear brother John Ingalls.

Let's reserve this thread for POSITIVE and ENCOURAGING testimonies and sharing. (There are plenty of other threads to discuss the various trials and tribulations regarding brother John and the Local Church movement.)

-

-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 03:52 PM   #2
manna-man

Default Re: Please Share Your Positive Testimonies and Memories of John Ingalls

Brother John Ingalls

A precious person that The Lord had made for our enjoyment. "A gift."

Considering this brother I have to say that he has/not had, a yearning to preach Christ Crusified to everyone. He was special. From whenever he found The Lord, he remained faithful to his death being focused on what really matters.

So...I have great respect for this man who after finding God, gave up most of his life pointing others towards our blessed Saviour.

I didn't know John well but I did have the oppertunity to hear him share a few times thus hearing his heart/spirit and being convinced that he was my brother In Christ.

So...yesterday I temporarily lost a brother. I remain encouraged though because I know that Our Father The King doesn't make mistakes and that our dear brother John Ingalls is in His right hand.

Thank you Lord Jesus for all you have freely given! Amen!
manna-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 06:55 PM   #3
countmeworthy

Hi all...
Hope everyone is well. I lived in San Diego in the 70s and John was very much loved in San Diego as was Max until.....

From Revelation 21, one of my favorite passages:

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And He that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new

To be absent from the body is to be PRESENT WITH THE LORD!

That's where he is now! No more divisions, heartaches, sorrows.

LOVE AND PEACE TO ALL UNTIL WE ARRIVE.
Carol
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 04:18 PM   #4
NewManLiving

I have had the blessing of participating in our brother's conferences and fellowship a number of times. I can say without a doubt that John was completely Christ centered. The deep wells that issued from our brother satisfied the saints and gave us all an incentive to press forward towards the goal. John is now experiencing a much fuller enjoyment of his Savior and Lord. I feel that I can be bold enough to say with the Lord: Well done good and faithful servant!
NewManLiving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 11:51 AM   #5
TLFisher

While in the local churches and after John left the local churches, I was helped through the messages John gave via audio recordings.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:57 PM   #6
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Quite a few years ago, John was visiting the home of J&J in Plano, Texas. It wasn't a time of "ministry" but visiting. In one of our sessions, I reminded John of something he had shared in the "early days" in a conference in Dallas where he and James Barber were sharing. At the time James and John traveled together frequently for conferences and some of the brothers had given them the nickname "sons of thunder!"

In that conference John had said something like: "I will never forsake this way...Christ and the church. Even if Bro. Lee might someday take another path, I will not."

Of course, by the time of this visit, John and WL had indeed parted ways. In John's mind, WL had begun to take another way from the "vision" of Christ and the church. John could no longer abide the corruption taking place there, as outlined in his book "Speaking the Truth in Love", but in John's mind he never abandoned his vision. Clearly, "Christ and the church" were not connected to the man...Witness Lee.

After I reminded him of what he had said in Dallas, this little look came over his face as though he were trying to remember, or reflecting, or something...he was deep in thought for a few seconds. Then he said "I said that?"

We all smiled. I said "Yeah...you did!" Then he smiled, too.

In the light of what had gone on since that Dallas conference, it was clear that John was true to his word. He did exactly what he said he would do.

Nell
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 09:21 PM   #7
UntoHim

Thank you Nell for this very insightful sharing regarding our dear brother John Ingalls. I have a somewhat similar story, although my interaction with brother John was more on a personal level. He was very tender and loving towards me in a very confusing time.

If you can talk them into it, please have "J & J" share something regarding this particular visit to their home. Or maybe they can simply share some of their memories/recollections.

-
Old 11-02-2016, 10:03 AM   #8
Cal

John Ingalls was a very gentle soul. His love for the Lord was incredible.

He was one of those people who were just not made for this world, but for another, which he has now joyfully entered.

Thank you, brother John.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:23 AM   #9
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
John Ingalls was a very gentle soul.
Is there a link to an obituary for John?
Old 11-02-2016, 01:04 PM   #10
UntoHim

Default Memorial/Visitation/Funeral Announcement for John Ingalls

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dig...0-a8a164f765d7

In Memory of
John C Ingalls
(John Cowie Ingalls)
April 15, 1930 - October 24, 2016
Visitation/ServicesObituary

Visitation

Friday, November 4, 2016 | 10:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Rose Hills Mortuary
3888 Workman Mill Rd, Whittier, CA 90601 | 5626990921

Graveside Service
Saturday, November 5, 2016 | 03:00 PM - 05:00 PM
Rose Hills Memorial Park
3888 Workman Mill Rd, Whittier, CA 90601 | 5626990921
-
Old 11-04-2016, 02:23 PM   #11
Unregistered

My heart is broken having just learned of his passing into the light above. I have known him here and there for the last 20 years. A tremendous gift he was to the saints. The last time we talked was at a WCCC meeting and we walked around the college grounds outside. He was remembering a time from the past and one from the present. He said between the two he had passed through pain and renewal, but here is the secret of joining the two to bring understanding. They are like a coin where both sides are completely different and yet the value has never changed. Both our past and present things we pass through are the things that make us uniquely one in Christ. I will deeply miss you and Bill Freeman, a coin that I had great worth in. tearfully joyful until we meet again.

Brother John Shore, Ephrata, Washington.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:08 AM   #12
Drake

Brother John was a gifted teacher and i appreciated his ability to paint a visual picture of biblical truths. For instance, I never forgot a message he gave about the two sons of oil in Zechariah. To this day, I can still envision those pipes pouring out liquid Spirit gold!

He is resting in the Lord.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:16 PM   #13
UntoHim

Any report from John Ingalls' memorial/funeral services, including any pictures and/or video would be greatly appreciated.

-
Old 01-24-2017, 12:41 PM   #14
UntoHim

Default In memory of John Ingalls, who ran the race for his Lord and finished well!

In memory of John Ingalls who ran the race for his Lord and finished well!
Facebook Slide Show by Sam Ingalls

Slide Show Will Start Automatically

--------
Old 01-24-2017, 12:49 PM   #15
Ohio

Default Re: In memory of John Ingalls, who ran the race for his Lord and finished w

This requires FB registration. Is there another way?
Old 01-24-2017, 06:06 PM   #16
UntoHim

Sorry, I can't seem to find a way to view the Slide Show without Facebook. Somebody who speaks computerese will have to help you.
-
Old 01-02-2019, 12:04 PM   #17
JB482

John Ingalls was such a precious saint,I'll never forget the conference he gave on the New Jerusalem,it was so rich and living!
JB482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:25 PM   #18
countmeworthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB482 View Post
John Ingalls was such a precious saint,I'll never forget the conference he gave on the New Jerusalem,it was so rich and living!
I don't remember anything he shared. I do think he was close friends with John Smith (although that was a 'no-no' word in the LC) I think they both left about the same time.

But Mr JB, why don't you share what you remember about that conference if you can remember? The topic of the Holy City New Jerusalem is one of my favorite subject matters. It's a city and a the Bride of Christ. How deep is that?!?
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:51 AM   #19
JB482

Quote:
Originally Posted by countmeworthy View Post
I don't remember anything he shared. I do think he was close friends with John Smith (although that was a 'no-no' word in the LC) I think they both left about the same time.

But Mr JB, why don't you share what you remember about that conference if you can remember? The topic of the Holy City New Jerusalem is one of my favorite subject matters. It's a city and a the Bride of Christ. How deep is that?!?
Dear brother John Ingalls gave that conference in Phoenix in 1972 or 1973. It was 47 years ago,I remember it was glorious, about the Holy City,The Bride of Christ. As only John could share with his precious measure of the gift of Christ.
JB482 is offline   Reply With Quote