Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Writings of Former Members > David Canfield

Old 05-22-2018, 09:29 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default New Book By Canfield

http://thechristianfaith.org/page-books-writings.htm

It's seems like there's a new book by David Canfield, one again taking about the split...

Thoughts?
Old 05-23-2018, 05:49 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Clearing up something about the Midwest Quarantine...

David Canfield, who is a brother still on the TC faction of the LCs just released a 2nd version of his documentation of the split on his website... It looks like the digital copy was removed in favor of an amazon link to a hard copy, but the preface and introduction are still availible

http://thechristianfaith.org/page-books-writings.htm
Old 05-23-2018, 06:16 AM   #3
awareness

Default Re: New Book By Canfield

Who's David Canfield, and why should I give him money?
Old 05-23-2018, 07:26 AM   #4
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Who's David Canfield, and why should I give him money?
When Canfield posted on this forum during the Quarantines, I found his church views basically paralleled Titus Chu -- In other words -- WL good, ground of locality good, and Blended Brothers bad.

I understand this is simplistic, but sometimes simplicity is the best way to convey information. Canfield is a long time member of the LC's, much as I was, but in the Chicago area. He is similar to Steve "Indiana" Isitt in their desire to return to the initial vision of the LC's, and to restore the glorious churchlife they once lived.

The insight Canfield can bring relates to Chicago's two leaders Reetzke and Barker, and how they suddenly changed their allegiances, thus enabling LSM's actions against Titus Chu. After their incredible "flip-flop," close to a dozen full-timers and their families left the greater Chicago regional work center for TC-friendly locales, and LSM stepped in to reward them and prop up Chicago by financing their expensive meeting hall expansion.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:50 AM   #5
awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
When Canfield posted on this forum during the Quarantines, I found his church views basically paralleled Titus Chu -- In other words -- WL good, ground of locality good, and Blended Brothers bad.

I understand this is simplistic, but sometimes simplicity is the best way to convey information. Canfield is a long time member of the LC's, much as I was, but in the Chicago area. He is similar to Steve "Indiana" Isitt in their desire to return to the initial vision of the LC's, and to restore the glorious churchlife they once lived.

The insight Canfield can bring relates to Chicago's two leaders Reetzke and Barker, and how they suddenly changed their allegiances, thus enabling LSM's actions against Titus Chu. After their incredible "flip-flop," close to a dozen full-timers and their families left the greater Chicago regional work center for TC-friendly locales, and LSM stepped in to reward them and prop up Chicago by financing their expensive meeting hall expansion.
Thanks bro Ohio. Looks like Canfield is trying to make a name for himself. Isitt doesn't strike me as trying to do that.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:07 AM   #6
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Thanks bro Ohio. Looks like Canfield is trying to make a name for himself. Isitt doesn't strike me as trying to do that.
I don't see it like that.

Canfield only desires to be faithful to the Lord and to the truth. I commend him for writing. The LCM needs many more viewpoints to be understood completely. For way too long, it was only Lee that had a voice that could be heard.

There was a time when I completely agreed with Canfield. I was only aware of the failures of the Blendeds. I was not aware of how similar Lee, TC and the Blendeds were, and how all leaders should be held to a higher standard, and all must be accountable for their failures.