Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Introductions and Testimonies

Introductions and Testimonies Please tell everybody something about yourself. Tell us a little. Tell us a lot. Its up to you!

Old 04-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Survivor

I was involved for 5 years, and finally left, but I suffered for nearly 10 years afterwards trying to recover and piece my life back together..I finally realized that I had been experiencing what soldiers in War go through.."Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome."
I did not have anyone to talk to about this, because some of my family members introduced me to this movement, and they were still in it, and I was afraid!
Years later, my "new" husband came across Jim Moran's Website, and I was praising God that I was not alone!!! It was then, that I began to recover..
I wish I had known about you, and how this would have been so healing.
I did contact John Ingalls however, and he was key to helping me, and he told me, "Oh sister, don't you let go of our Great Almighty God! He loves you and you hang on!!!
I will never forget him for this and then he sent me his book, Speaking The Truth In Love.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
TLFisher

Default Re: Survivor

I appreciated reading your post. Those who have left the local churches seem to go one quite well or seem to have some baggage with them. As for me, my baggage was how brothers like John Ingalls, Bill Mallon, etc were treated. Instead of blessing these brothers in leaving the recovery, the word pariah seems to fit how they were treated and still are. It is how these brothers were slandered verbally and in print that I could no longer go on this way. One co-worker/elder once communicated to me the quarantined brothers should have some response. Would he or any other co-worker take the time to read Speaking the Truth in Love?

It wasn't until a few years ago did I find a community church that attracted what my regenerated spirit needed. Not only was my spirit nourished, but I learned what it was to give grace practically. Understand, when I was a single brother I often heard grace, but never seen it applied.
I am glad you were able to speak with brother John. I did not meet him until 2010. I found John to have much grace to dispense and Christ to minister. As for you, I hope you and your husband are able to find an assembly of Christians whose fellowship will match which you seek.
TLFisher is offline   Reply With Quote