Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Orthopraxy - Christian Practice

Old 10-03-2008, 06:11 PM   #1
Indiana

Default The Path After Eight Decades

www.twoturmoils.com/NeeLeeEightDecades.pdf

Last edited by Indiana; 10-03-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
countmeworthy

Default Re: The Path After Eight Decades

It has now been 85 years or so since Nee began to meet in the way that Leewould follow and teach and that we would follow, many saints entering into
the churches at certain points along the way in each decade.

Steve,

Your comment aabout Nee beginning to meet in the way that Lee would follow & teach is confusing.

I don't follow. Could you clarify your statement for me? Thanks in advance.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:40 PM   #3
Indiana

Default Re: The Path After Eight Decades

Thank you CMW for pointing out the unclarity. I try very hard to be clear. I meant that Witness Lee followed Watchman Nee in the way of "receiving believers in fellowship", and that saints throughout the decades, such as you and I, followed Nee’s and Lee's teaching on "receiving believers in fellowship".

Of course, I am avoiding terms and expressions that we are more used to but that are also controversial. I am just focusing on the thought in these four words of "receiving believers in fellowship". This crucial matter of receiving the believers was taught by Nee, Lee, and hundreds of local church leaders over the last eight decades.

The question is “do they Practice What They Preach?” I am one who is not received in the “local churches”, so this question is alive, pertinent, and real to me. Nigel Tomes is not received, and I have to ask why? Titus Chu is not received in the “local churches”, yet in WL’s outline he shares that our receiving of others should not be more narrow than God. What is their great offense? What was John Ingalls’ great offense? And Bill Mallon’s and John So’s? When we study their history, we find that their great offense was to care for “receiving believers in fellowship” according to the Son, and not according to the LSM promotions of a Man and a Ministry, which led to division and their super sect status of today.

The ministry of Nee and Lee through the eight decades has been consistent in teaching, at least, on the matter of “receiving believers in fellowship”; but today do the leaders and many of the saints practice what they preach! Again, I say, this is the question.

Last edited by Indiana; 10-03-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote