Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Extras! Extras! Read All About It!

Extras! Extras! Read All About It! Everything else that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else

Old 07-10-2008, 11:17 PM   #1
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Default Fight Forum with Forums

I did a Google search a few minutes ago searching for this forum, using the words "local church forum witness lee". Eventually I found what I was looking for, but I was really shocked at what else is springing up out there. Some are outrageously bizzare (New Age, etc.) and some seem to be LC backed where the LC can discuss itself. Could this be a new tactic: flood the Internet with Local Church "forums" hoping to bury whoever has a voice to speak the truth?

http://www.experiencefestival.com/witness_lee This one ought to keep the LSM busy.

Nell

Last edited by Nell; 07-11-2008 at 05:38 AM.
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:56 AM   #2
Testing123

None of the results that come up from the search are forums actually dedicated to discussing the Local Church. There were a few posts with people asking for info on the Local Church at more general forums. Also, the link that you posted is typical of websites set up to automatically comb the internet for text related to key phrases in order to give off the appearance that they themselves are a relevant resource. I didn't see anything that could appear connected to the LC. Conspiracy theory?
Testing123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
aron

Nell wrote: "Some seem to be LC backed where the LC can discuss itself"....?

I could not see anything like this. Can you point out a site where LC members are discussing in an open way the teachings and practices? This would be a severe violation of the 'one publication policy', which states clearly that all publications, and I obviously think this includes internet postings, must be cleared with Cenral Headquarters. Suppose someone expressed an opinion that was not either a direct quote or a glowing appraisal of the 'authorized' works? What then? No, it would be too dangerous to let the local churchers have a forum. I don't see the Maximum Brothers (and it could only happen in the LC with the push of the MBs) opening up this kind of a pandora's box.

I for one would welcome it. If they let me on I would ask, "Could you please explain to me about the Minister of the Age theory? I am a little confused..."

Last edited by aron; 07-11-2008 at 09:57 AM. Reason: clarity
aron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:55 AM   #4
aron

Here is a quote from the "One Publication for the Lord's Recovery", which I found while trolling under Nell's search string(on the christian blog site "Pardoner's Tale")

"Hence, it is proper that those who endeavor to write in this way bring their work to those who take the lead in the ministry and those who take the lead in the publication work, and those who take the lead should exercise the discernment as to whether or not such proposals should be published as part of the one publication"

Every time you wanted to make a post you'd have to send it to Andrew Yu or Minora Chen for approval, and you know how slow those brothers are in getting back to you...

Last edited by aron; 07-11-2008 at 09:59 AM.
aron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #5
Old Rasputin

maximum brothers? heh
Old Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote