Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > The Local Church in the 21st Century

The Local Church in the 21st Century Observations and Discussions regarding the Local Church Movement in the Here and Now

Old 02-22-2018, 08:23 AM   #1
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Local Church going strong in Taiwan/Asia?

https://www.facebook.com/goodtv/vide...b4u3IQ&fref=nf

I ran across this facebook posting of a TV news channel coverage of the Chinese Speaking International Conference. There is a mention of 30,000 attendees. Some interesting things are there appears to be a large choir leading the singing.

I don't know if this is the same conference, but this video shows what appears to be a lot of fanfare, kind of like the Olympic opening ceremony, where all the various countries are marching by, with placards stating their country, and a lot of clapping.

https://www.facebook.com/suraj.aujla...3341092436378/

And here's another outdoor conference/meeting. And another choir! Does anybody know if they've always had choirs in the Local Church in Taiwan, or is this a recent development?

https://www.facebook.com/yuselli.pal...qi8044&fref=nf

Maybe some of our Chinese speaking members/viewers out there can clue us in on the details. It sure seems that the Local Church of Witness Lee is going strong in Taiwan.
-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:35 PM   #2
Steel
Moderated Member

Default Re: Local Church going strong in Taiwan/Asia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
I ran across this facebook posting of a TV news channel coverage of the Chinese Speaking International Conference. There is a mention of 30,000 attendees. Some interesting things are there appears to be a large choir leading the singing....
It is evitable that when the things of the world begin to be mixed into the things of the God... The humnan move is towards deeper mixing... But the Lord allowed this for two thousand years, and still allows it within the corporate body of believers... Thankfully... As scripture tells us... God always has His remnant who are just for Him.
Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:45 AM   #3
Koinonia

I have also seen many forwarded pictures and reports from the recent Taiwan conference. The main thing that stands out to me is that the event appears as showy, outward, and commercialized as anything the LC would ever criticize in "Christianity." The LC is far from grassroots; it shows itself here to be a full-blown organizational and religious institution with ceremony, public relations, marketing, branding, and media, etc.
Koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:40 AM   #4
Freedom

I am not familiar with the LCM in Taiwan/Asia, but from the various photos and videos that I have seen, it seems that the LCM has distinctive characteristics there that aren't present with the LCM in the U.S.

In particular, it seems like people there can get away with things that LCers in the U.S. could never get away with. What I mean by that is things like choirs, audience applause, etc. It seems that there is a lot more 'show' to their gatherings over there. I'm not sure that LCers here are completely supportive of that.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:26 AM   #5
UntoHim

I noticed that at one of these extravaganzas one of the speakers was Blended Brother Minoru Chen. I know that Minoru would never approve of all this pomp and circumstance in America. I'm kind of surprised that Minoru found himself part of all that. I guess things are really different there in Taiwan/Asia.
-
Old 02-23-2018, 10:46 AM   #6
Ohio

Quote:
I noticed that at one of these extravaganzas one of the speakers was Blended Brother Minoru Chen. I know that Minoru would never approve of all this pomp and circumstance in America. I'm kind of surprised that Minoru found himself part of all that. I guess things are really different there in Taiwan/Asia.
-
Actually, over the years I visited Anaheim, I was surprised to see the ever increasing amount of extravaganza pomp and circumstance. Lee's burial memorial was way over the top.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:52 PM   #7
Freedom

Quote:
I regularly attended the semi-annual trainings up until about 10 years ago. At the time, I couldn't help but notice how quick they were to shoot down any kind of pomp and circumstance. Virtually every training, after the first session of the trainers 'testing' the trainees, the audience would applaud those who had been tested. The trainers would then quickly scold the audience for doing so, and no one would dare clap for the rest of the training. The trainings were very formal, and the only people who got any kind of attention were those speaking at the podium.

What I see in these video is something quite different. I see an audience expecting a show, and those who organized the conference are putting on that show. That's not to say there's anything wrong with particular elements (like choirs) which the LCM in the U.S. would frown upon, but it's just interesting how something they condemn in the U.S. is fully supported over there. And not only that, those who condemn such things over here go travel abroad and endorse the same things over there.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:24 PM   #8
micah6v8

Have you all seen this?

Sound of Living Stream Orchestra
http://solso.org.tw/

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4E...Y8E_RX-6BzH14Q
micah6v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:10 AM   #9
Truthseeker

This may prove that if we stay away from LSM or Lee's conservative practice, divine blessing will reach your churches immediately. You will experience multiplication in your local church.
Truthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:25 AM   #10
Kevin

There goes Paul Young while Hank is on the Eastern Orthodox.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180427-152656.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	685.7 KB
ID:	208  
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:35 AM   #11
Kevin

Quote:
UntoHim,

You can also follow this Church News page which updates pictures and videos around the globe.

https://m.facebook.com/churchnews/?r...ernal&mt_nav=1
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:03 AM   #12
UntoHim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
There goes Paul Young while Hank is on the Eastern Orthodox.
Thanks, Kevin. Where did this screen capture come from?
-