Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Apologists Speak RE: The Local Church

Old 05-04-2019, 10:17 AM   #1
Acolyte4236

Default Bibliography

Hi All,

I am looking for some feedback. If someone wanted to read and evaluate Lee's and LSM's position in three core areas (Trinity, Christology and their exclusive ecclesiology) what works by Lee and the LSM would one read?

So I guess I am asking for bibliography in these core areas.

Any help?

Thanks
Acolyte4236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 11:15 AM   #2
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Default Re: Bibliography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte4236 View Post
Hi All,

I am looking for some feedback. If someone wanted to read and evaluate Lee's and LSM's position in three core areas (Trinity, Christology and their exclusive ecclesiology) what works by Lee and the LSM would one read?

So I guess I am asking for bibliography in these core areas.

Any help?

Thanks
Acolyte4236,

You might start here:

https://www.ministrybooks.org/categories.cfm

Nell
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 11:21 AM   #3
Acolyte4236

ok, So how are these books available? Are they in print and can be purchased from say Amazon or do I have to acquire them from LSM or used bookstores?
Old 05-04-2019, 11:22 AM   #4
Acolyte4236

Neil,

Here is another question. Are there works of Lee that are no longer available or have been edited to remove gaffs and errors such that having the original edition is necessary?
Old 05-04-2019, 12:06 PM   #5
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Acolyte4236,

You can find many of Lee's major publications, such as The Economy of God and many others at most of the online bookstores. I know that the Amazon bookstore has a used copy of The Economy of God for $3.59.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...s%2C174&sr=1-1
I'm sure there are many other Witness Lee publications for real cheap on various sites.
-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 08:27 PM   #6
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Default Bibliography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte4236 View Post
Neil,

Here is another question. Are there works of Lee that are no longer available or have been edited to remove gaffs and errors such that having the original edition is necessary?
Acolyte4236,

Keep in mind that Lee conceivably never “wrote” a single book. What is available from the LSM are his spoken messages reduced to print. His “messages” were transcribed, and in some cases translated by massive efforts of unpaid volunteer labor. You would assume that Lee reviewed these manuscripts before being published, but I don’t know that for sure.

Many of us sat through the live speaking of Lee for years. In some cases, when the message we heard with our own ears, in person, came out in print, there were large passages missing from what we heard. In particular, I remember the “man becomes God” stuff was heavily redacted or edited out.

Additionally, books I purchased soon after publication were, years later, edited and passages were either changed or deleted to exclude some of his more controversial statements. I also recall the “Elders Trainings” books were heavily edited or redacted. “Gaffs and errors” may not accurately describe the deletions and changes as much as making the books more palpable to the Christian public they were attempting to market to at the time, such as Hank Haanegraaf and the Christian Research Institute.

I have attempted to locate original editions which are no longer available except as UntoHim has referenced, used and online. My books ended up in a box on the curb for trash pickup! I didn’t want to expose others to that ministry by reselling my copies. I don’t know if the original video or audio tapes are available or not.

Nell
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote