Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Christian Movements/Ministries

Old 03-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
TLFisher

Default New Testament Ministry

Many of us have heard this phrase before; New Testament Ministry. Generally what does it mean and what is it implied to mean?
I had been listening to Art Katz speaking on John 17, He used the term New Testament Ministry. Art's definition of what it means is as follows:

must come out of HIS life and this life out of relationships of the saints.
TLFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: New Testament Ministry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Many of us have heard this phrase before; New Testament Ministry. Generally what does it mean and what is it implied to mean?
I had been listening to Art Katz speaking on John 17, He used the term New Testament Ministry. Art's definition of what it means is as follows:

must come out of HIS life and this life out of relationships of the saints.
Jasper has two crystal structures known as High quartz and Low quartz. I always considered these two structures as types of the two ministries (The Lord's earthly ministry and His heavenly ministry). The two structures have two different symmetries which are very interesting if you like to use the "spiritual" meaning of numbers. But since this would probably infuriate some I will keep this little insight to myself, unless of course you are interested.
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
OBW

The New Testament ministry would the ministry of grace, salvation, and reconciliation. Someone can add a lot of other things if they want. But it is not something peculiar. It is the ministry of the covenant that came with Christ.

Any other definition is a false narrowing of the "NT ministry" for the purpose of being special. If you are ministering Christ, salvation, justice (not American justice), righteousness, then it is New Testament. If you are selectively saying that only some small part is THE NEW TESTAMENT MINISTRY then you are simply sectarian.

In short, I see it as a generic, and a made-up term. But the very fact that someone coined the phrase was probably for the purpose of saying it is something else.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:08 AM   #4
TLFisher

Generally my concept of the New Testament Ministry is the ministry of Jesus and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit which resulted in many other ministries as seen in Acts.
TLFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:46 AM   #5
ZNPaaneah

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
The New Testament ministry would the ministry of grace, salvation, and reconciliation. Someone can add a lot of other things if they want. But it is not something peculiar. It is the ministry of the covenant that came with Christ.
I think that sums it up.
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote