Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Writings of Former Members > Writings and Concerns of Steve Isitt

Old 03-10-2020, 03:46 PM   #1
Indiana

Default The Universal Government of God - Ron Kangas

I have received a video from a recent training in the Philippines that got my attention immediately to see what speaker Ron Kangas would have to say on The Universal Government of God.

I speak in response to what Ron had to say - for he has again spoken about me - and admits he went to S. America in 2008 to deal with a "certain destructive brother," a reference to me.

To those who have been acquainted with his long string of authoritarian behavior in the churches, there is a ready understanding of why I am compelled to respond, and once again correct his inaccuracies and offer the following link to

LSM's destructive past and cover-ups

http://localchurchdiscussions.com/vB...60&postcount=1

RK continues to try to establish his concept of

The Universal Government of God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9gJta6G6Qc
Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 05:19 PM   #2
Terry

Default Re: The Universal Government of God - Ron Kangas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
I have received a video from a recent training in the Philippines that got my attention immediately to see what speaker Ron Kangas would have to say on The Universal Government of God.

RK continues to try to establish his concept of

The Universal Government of God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9gJta6G6Qc
Listening to Ron speaking, you could say "RK continues to try to establish his concept of" grace. Abstract, impersonal, and lacking any subjectivity.
In a real subjective experience of grace, there is warmness to ones who had left.
Old 03-10-2020, 07:39 PM   #3
Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Listening to Ron speaking, you could say "RK continues to try to establish his concept of" grace. Abstract, impersonal, and lacking any subjectivity.
In a real subjective experience of grace, there is warmness to ones who had left.
Given the way that Ron speaks, it seems that he thinks that he himself is God's government. Early on in the recording, Ron says "I'm not aiming my words at anyone." Then at the end, he mentions what he spoke in South America. It just goes to show just how self-serving these types of messages really are.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 11:43 AM   #4
Freedom

The LC gets a lot of things wrong with their concept of what God's government is. When it is convenient for them to do so, they will claim that a person/situation is out of their control and it God will deal with it. By contrast, they will also speak about God's government as a way to defend their actions when they feel the need to take action against others, such as with those they deem to be "negative", "opposers", etc.

In the recording Ron speaks about leaders/elders who have hurt those they are leading. This is one of those issues where it is convenient for him to take the stance that it is all under "God's control" and that it will be dealt or work itself out somehow. He then says that when such leaders get dealt with by God they will be stronger spiritually. What is missing from this equation? Any regard for those who have been hurt.

The LC has such a tragic history of abuses that have been covered up. Among all those who have been hurt directly or indirectly through such abuses, it became necessary at one point or another to draw the line with the LC. The LC disregards such history as irrelevant, and also disregards the continued abuses, claiming that it is all allowed to happen under God's government. This is why the cycle continues.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 12:28 PM   #5
Indiana

In my attempts to contact Ron Kangas, he has not responded to have communication with me directly. In his current speaking about God's government, he ends his talk by referring to me as "a destructive person," one who violates God's government.

www.IntheWakeoftheNewWay.com

Ron Kangas does not know as he ought to know. He just talks, and talks....

He talks about people. As if he has no conscience about what he is saying....

And, this is the problem with him and his counterparts. Under their otherwise healthy form of teaching on church government, they include a diabolical element that corrupts, requiring of them to suppress their conscience about things regarding their hidden history. Their practice of denying the truth of turmoil and division, etc., has taken its toll on "our" brothers and on their collective conscience. And the fruit? Manifestly, is not good.

Whether unwittingly or not, the current leadership has come under a rule of authority that has its roots in the beginning years in Shanghai, and has emerged as the "covering of Noah" doctrine "to see, hear, and speak no evil" of a deputy authority of God. This involves most conspicuously the covering up of sins and failures among the leaders, past and present, especially the two designated as a "minister of the age". They are treated more like gods and not men who can err, commit and confess sins, be covered properly and forgiven that transparency and love both would prevail in the Body.

So the misguided leaders and saints do not mess with what is written and been accepted in the churches as truth. To "our" leaders whatever their mentor before them has said is truth, and his version of the official history is not even examined by them, and all blame is "DUTIFULLY" displaced onto others. This is where Ron Kangas turns aside and errs greatly in his supposed representation of God and His government.

His characterization of me has gone out falsely - as in Ecuador, so now also in the Philippines. In both places and (and in others that I don't know about) he missteps.

In Ecuador and South America his word about me was spread, damaging my name and person. In the Philippines he didn't mention my name publicly on the tape, but dozens or hundreds know who he was talking about. So, this was very foolish of him. And, he speaks about those with power in the church damaging others, and seems totally detached from what his international platform does to me and others he carelessly and unfairly condemns.

www.LeadersoftheLordsrecovery.us
Old 03-11-2020, 05:16 PM   #6
Curious

'I want to be like God!!'

Hot tip from the leaders of the Lord 's Recovery: its easy to be like God, just pretend you ARE Him. Attribute to yourself all the privileges authority and power that come with being God, and voila, you will be like God, (at least in your own eyes!!)

Then you never have to review your own behavior, as God never has to do that!! That's just for lowly sinners to do!! Leave that messy uncomfortable confusion behind you, just let go and BECOME Him! And everything will be easy and pleasant for you!

(just do it somewhere else, cause we are the God's of this place!)
Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 09:35 AM   #7
Indiana

Default Re: Ron's record of Defamation has to STOP

I did a search just now trying to catch more of the 8-message conference Ron was a part of in January, 2020, a month and a half ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPbRZsHYtEw

08 THE RECOVERY OF THE CHURCH AS THE ISRAEL OF GOD
Ron Kangas
PTERO MALABON Philippines January 17-19, 2020
Old 03-13-2020, 01:57 PM   #8
Indiana

Default Re:Open Letter to Ron Kangas 3- 2020

Dear brother Ron,

I see that you have again chosen this path of speaking carelessly about me and about John Ingalls. Why? You have certainly been given enough time and opportunity to know the history and to help others to know it, but you will not conduct yourself accordingly and become a righteous one in the matter. Yet it is required under God’s government for you to do so. Representation of God requires capitulation to Him, and His activity.

But before going further, let me say something quite favorably about “the LSM brothers” who have contributed to the spiritual welfare and beautiful scene of the 900+ churches and several thousands of saints enjoying Christ in the Philippines. They certainly have benefited practically and spiritually from the ministries of brothers Nee and Lee in their beginning years, and also from laboring brothers since then, including Anaheim’s. I saw videos regarding this and watched them over and over and emailed them to three pastors and other people I know in the Philippines. I also put these videos on our forums for current and former LC members, and have sent them to others in the U. S.

It is not the tremendous upside I have a problem with in our history, but the incredible downside and the need for current leaders to ascend to the Throne and hold the scepter of uprightness with Him Who “loves righteousness and hates lawlessness,” that leaders might obtain the “oil of exultant joy” also; and be in a splendid condition for leading many more “sons” to the Throne with them and its foundation of righteousness and justice. (Ps 89:14)

You and “the brothers” are just a thorough and profoundly important repentance away from leadership, and for making straight the way of the Lord.

www.LordsRecovery.us

Includes John Ingalls account of events and concerns he faced in the late 80s turmoil, and having been in the first eldership in the U. S., he faithfully records the path of deviation from the early way in the churches that took place and the “change of nature” it brought into “the recovery” that resulted.

Steve Isitt
Old 03-14-2020, 08:32 AM   #9
doggonit

The spite and rancor Kangas speaks with is astounding. Dude, John Ingalls left your little personality cult over 30 years ago and is now passed away and with the Lord. Give it a rest. Really Ron, you should consider seeing a psych doc or something to take care of your deep seated anger issues. You seem to forget, John Ingalls was your deputy authority (or deputy deputy authority under brother Lee) and YOU rebelled against him! Repent! Don't you know that even if the deputy authority is wrong he is right!
Old 03-14-2020, 10:05 AM   #10
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggonit View Post
The spite and rancor Kangas speaks with is astounding. Dude, John Ingalls left your little personality cult over 30 years ago and is now passed away and with the Lord. Give it a rest. Really Ron, you should consider seeing a psych doc or something to take care of your deep seated anger issues. You seem to forget, John Ingalls was your deputy authority (or deputy deputy authority under brother Lee) and YOU rebelled against him! Repent! Don't you know that even if the deputy authority is wrong he is right!
Doggonit, Point well taken.

Really no different from LC ancestors -- the Exclusive British Brethren -- who also demanded for generations that George Muller be soundly condemned for his actions standing up to their grandpa MOTA -- J N Darby -- during his faux quarantine of B W Newton of Plymouth.

But let's not also forget the Divine response. It has been said that our Heavenly Father perhaps responded with more direct and verifiable answers to Muller's prayers than any servant of God in church history.

If God is for us, who can be against us?