Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Introductions and Testimonies

Introductions and Testimonies Please tell everybody something about yourself. Tell us a little. Tell us a lot. Its up to you!

Old 08-18-2020, 02:00 PM   #1
Fer74

Post Very good start, but in progress, many misinterpretations of Scripture.

I am currently 46 years old and started in LC at the age of 17. I grew up in a Baptist environment from 8 years of age to 17. What caught my attention the most from LC and LSM were the phrases like "we are the Lord's recovery" "We have God's ordained way" "We are Philadelphia and Christianity is a degraded system "" We have the highest revelation. " Among other things. At first everything was very good, "unity" between them, a lot of literature being Whatchaman Nee one of the writers that I had read before in the Baptist church. A lot of trainings, a lot of mixing between the regional churches. Everything was very good.

However, after 4 years I ended up being a servant of LSM and there began to be a "spiritual divorce" to such a degree that I prayed to the Lord that he would take me out of that place.

After many years of meeting with them, until just a year and a half ago, I began to read the scriptures without using the recovered Version and the "ministry books." I began to study the scriptures with much prayer, fasting, and many tears. And the more I read, my eyes widened to find countless misinterpretations. I was just wondering why haven't I seen this before?

So it is my desire to be able to expose if this group allows me, the errors of interpretation and above all, "the human teachings" that exist in LC without having a solid foundation in the Scriptures, the apostolic writings, but also the Old Testament , which they call, the old dispensation.

My first language is Spanish, I hope I can express myself correctly.

God bless you
Fer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:38 PM   #2
Curious

Default Re: Very good start, but in progress, many misinterpretations of Scripture.

Fer74..... this group allows you! Loud and clear!!!!

The reality is you will find so many on this forum with whom you can relate, so many of your discoveries will be in parallel with others, (though always good to hear with new words and testimony of discovery alongside).

You will find help for your journey and insight to the process of releasing of your mind and spirit from bondage, at levels deeper than you may be aware of yet.

Please engage, we are all keen to hear you and offer our support to you!!
Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 07:25 PM   #3
Trapped

Default Re: Very good start, but in progress, many misinterpretations of Scripture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fer74 View Post
After many years of meeting with them, until just a year and a half ago, I began to read the scriptures without using the recovered Version and the "ministry books." I began to study the scriptures with much prayer, fasting, and many tears. And the more I read, my eyes widened to find countless misinterpretations. I was just wondering why haven't I seen this before?
Welcome, Fer74!

All those countless misinterpretations are exactly what leaven is, right before your very eyes! All the wrong teachings.....deputy authority, minister of the age, we don't care about right and wrong, "get out of your mind", the ground of locality, etc....all of them are mixed through, worked through, interwoven throughout all the other teachings and the whole atmosphere of the local churches. And that's precisely what leaven is, something that's worked all throughout. And it leavens it all.

Why didn't you see it before? Because the LC teaches you that leaven is somewhere else, and so you aren't prepared to think that you might need to look no further than what's on your own bookshelves at home to find it and to be on guard for it.

Why didn't you see it before? Because the ministry and the leadership in the local churches use known behavior, information, thought, and emotion controlling techniques to keep their members blind, dumb, and mute. They teach you to get out of your mind, not trust your mind, doubt your concerns. They teach you that you are negative if you see something wrong and speak up about it. They teach you that you are divisive if you disagree. They teach you that you will suffer negative consequences if you leave. In other words, they use fear and condemnation as destructive tools to control you. And they do it in the name of God.

But there should be no fear in love. And a genuine love has been notably absent from the local churches for a very long time. And there should be no condemnation either for those or from those who are in Christ Jesus. So that should tell you something about where Christ Jesus is in relation to the condemning things spoken over the saints.

The more you look into what spiritually abusive churches are, the more you realize the local churches are a poster child (in other words, a classic example).

I look forward to reading your contributions!

Trapped
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 09:19 AM   #4
Sons to Glory!

Thanks for post Fr74! Lots of good open discussion on here about all things LC related (and some non-related).

I think Trapped's post was right-on. Regarding leaven, it is most everywhere in Christendom, including the LC. The brand of leaven in the LC is a little unique and one reason is, like Laodicea, it claims to have attained a high stature and that it has the market completely cornered on God's eternal purpose. (However, there are certainly other groups that say this too.) That's why the pure word and the inner Anointing go hand-in-hand to teach us what is true.

As to not using Recovery Version materials, I think that is wise - let the Anointing speak to you through the unadulterated word. Some where I meet still read the RV NT, but when they do it is usually the one without footnotes. Some of the RV footnotes are actually pretty good, but others have a flavor that is leavened with a man's opinion. We'll just leave it at that . . .

Let me just say that personally, I am very grateful for the Lord bringing me to the LC in 1974, but also that he lead me away from it in the late 80s. My experience with the LC has shown me a number of things that were positive - one being that the Lord showed me He has something much higher and grand in store for the church than we think. May He raise our vision and reveal this mystery fully to us in these days!
Old 08-25-2020, 03:51 PM   #5
Hodos

Praise Jesus Christ, our glorious Lord!

I was in the Recovery in Viet Nam from 1980, I and my many beloved brothers in Viet Nam also had a very good start, but in progress, we had been dropped in the soulical wilderness, not enjoying the pure bible more as the fresh or satisfied words as in our beginning.

Thank God, now I and many saints to be relieved, but almost the 40 LSM rough congregations in all Viet Nam with about 3000 saints, now day by day eating the leavened bread, enjoying fruits from the tree of knowledge, drunk in the human teachings so that today they are to be plage ridden of "the so-called age ministry", they are all getting sick of dumbness, blindness, deafness and fearing the LSM Vietnamese leading ones very much.

Number 32: 15 (Darby), Moses warns the children of Gad and the children of Reuben that:"If ye turn away from after Him, He will yet again leave them (Israel) in the wilderness; and ye shall destroy all this people".
Through the fellowship of brother Trapped, i saw that LSM had to bring the peoples out the denominations but after that time they had destroyed all this people. Oh Lord, have mercy on our people in Viet Nam.

Hodos.
Hodos is offline   Reply With Quote