Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Fellowship Hall

Fellowship Hall Talk it over here. Also for prayer requests

Old 09-04-2010, 09:48 AM   #1
OBW

Default Passing of Kathy Downing Toon

It is with great sadness that I pass along the death of a dear sister, Kathy Downing Toon. I do not have details. I learned of it through our sister FoundHim (also known as Searching on the other forum).

Kathy's history with the LC began, I believe, in New Orleans, then to Dallas where my wife and I knew her, then to New Zealand now for many years. She suffered long with a physical ailment but is now awaiting that resurrected body that Paul spoke of in 1 Corinthians 15.

There are many in the LC that will be mourning her loss and celebrating her life, as will many of us who are no longer with the LC.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:52 AM   #2
countmeworthy

Default Re: Passing of Kathy Downing Toon

Though I don't/didn't know her......my heart felt condolences go out to you who did know her.

Did she remain in the LC all these years ? Not that it's important...just curious on my part.

You are correct though, she is waiting for her Glorious Resurrected body free of all pain, sorrow, sickness, disease, even old age !

Come LORD JESUS !
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:07 PM   #3
OBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by countmeworthy View Post
Did she remain in the LC all these years ? Not that it's important...just curious on my part.
I believe the answer is Yes. Maybe FoundHim will provide a little clarity if she comes around to see what is going on here.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:52 PM   #4
Former LC member

This is very sad to hear! I knew Kathy for many years and would see her in conferences while I was in the LC. She was a sweet sister, very softly spoken and a genuine follower of the Lord. She suffered physically most of her life. I know she was very happy when the Lord helped her to bear a son, who was a great joy to her. Thank God she is now released from pain and is waiting with the Lord!
Former LC member is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:49 PM   #5
FoundHim

I also was very sad to hear of Kathee's passing. She was a very dear sister, and suffered much. She lived with us for awhile and I always enjoyed her sweet spirit and her ever consistent pursuit of the Lord.
What a miracle that God was so kind as to give her a son, when by all estimates she could not carry a baby. She went against all Dr's orders and had this miracle baby. He was indeed a miracle ! What joy he brought to her life.
I will always remember her sweet smile and laugh.
May the Lord care for her family and may she be remembered as a dear saint, who just loved the Lord !
We will miss you Kathee.
FoundHim is offline   Reply With Quote