Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Introductions and Testimonies

Introductions and Testimonies Please tell everybody something about yourself. Tell us a little. Tell us a lot. Its up to you!

Old 02-21-2018, 08:21 PM   #1
acolyte4236

Exclamation Hanegraaff and the LC-A Plea for Help

I am hoping some former LC persons can help me. I am a former employee of CRI. I was never a member of the LC though I am generally familiar with them. I also happen to be Eastern Orthodox.

I've been writing about Hanegraaff's conversion, his past financial scandals and theological foul ups at energeticprocession.wordpress.com.

Hanegraaff's right hand man Paul Young has been a member of the LC at least since 2008 and claims influence from Lee going back even further. Now evidence seems to have surfaced that Hanegraaff was going to join the LC sometime in 2014/15 but that he apparently changed his mind and started going to an EO parish.

Can anyone help me? You can contact me privately at acolyte4236@sbcglobal.net if it is easier.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:50 PM   #2
Koinonia

Default Re: Hanegraaff and the LC-A Plea for Help

acolyte4236, Hanegraaff was indeed the darling of the LC for a number of years, and there was much discussion about the possibility of his joining the group. He attended many LSM conferences and trainings, visited the FTTA, numerous LC congregations around the world, and was very close to a few of the senior leadership.

You might start by reading this thread on this message board:

http://localchurchdiscussions.com/vB...ad.php?p=63519
Koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:31 PM   #3
TLFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koinonia View Post
acolyte4236, Hanegraaff was indeed the darling of the LC for a number of years, and there was much discussion about the possibility of his joining the group. He attended many LSM conferences and trainings, visited the FTTA, numerous LC congregations around the world, and was very close to a few of the senior leadership.
That's fairly accurate. When I was meeting with local LC (2009/2010) that's what the local lead elder confirmed during a home meeting. Basically alluding to Hank as an honorary blended brother.
As to Hank's involvement with CRI, it created controversy whether he should be the one to lead CRI after Walter Martin's passing.
Old 02-25-2018, 08:44 PM   #4
Acolyte4236

Thanks all for the reply.

Since I lived through a portion of the debacle at CRI and I know the majority of players, I am well aware of Hanegraaff’s unethical behavior. For what it may be worth, in terms of bona fides, I also personally knew Bob and Gretchen Passantino along with many others.

Here is what I can help with. I have written up a number of posts detailing some of the past and some of the current situation. You can find them here www.energeticprocession.wordpress.com

Some of you may not know that Paul Young, the chief executive officer for CRI has been a member of the LC since at least 2008/2009. Young details the influence of Lee going back decades. Young and HH are very close with Young making about 140k a year by sitting on the CRI board. HH is also a co-owner of Young’s 4800 sq ft million dollar home in NC. HH’s mansion is far larger at 9200 sq ft. which he bought for 3.1 million.

You may also not be familiar with some of the of the following links.

http://articles.latimes.com/2003/aug.../me-watchdog17
http://articles.latimes.com/2000/apr/30/local/me-25109

What I am looking for is something very specific. The following book by HH was set to come out in 2014. The book has all the markings of a coming out of the LC closet announcement. But the book was yanked prior to going to market. It was set to release in China and the US simultaneously. The book is currently being reworked by HH as a book covering his conversion to Orthodoxy.

I can’t find a copy of the book in English, but it is possible it was released or some copies were in China. I want to know if anyone here has contacts there and would know if copies are to be had, even if they are in Chinese.
http://www.capitolchristianmusicgrou...px?iid=2012552

As to HH sitting in many LSM trainings and such, can anyone here provide documentation?
Acolyte4236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:58 AM   #5
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte4236 View Post
Thanks all for the reply.

Since I lived through a portion of the debacle at CRI and I know the majority of players, I am well aware of Hanegraaff’s unethical behavior. For what it may be worth, in terms of bona fides, I also personally knew Bob and Gretchen Passantino along with many others.
Acolyte, it has long been suspected by former members of the LC's that CRI's "We Were Wrong" was bought and paid for by LSM. Hank needed money and LSM needed credibility.
Old 02-26-2018, 01:34 PM   #6
Acolyte4236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Acolyte, it has long been suspected by former members of the LC's that CRI's "We Were Wrong" was bought and paid for by LSM. Hank needed money and LSM needed credibility.
Yes, I suspect the same. This is because HH has a history of making backroom deals. If you listen to the interview I did a while back, I discuss it. Other former employees thought or recall that problem.

https://energeticprocession.wordpres...utionary-show/
Old 02-26-2018, 11:13 AM   #7
Ohio

Quote:
What I am looking for is something very specific. The following book by HH was set to come out in 2014. The book has all the markings of a coming out of the LC closet announcement. But the book was yanked prior to going to market. It was set to release in China and the US simultaneously. The book is currently being reworked by HH as a book covering his conversion to Orthodoxy.

I can’t find a copy of the book in English, but it is possible it was released or some copies were in China. I want to know if anyone here has contacts there and would know if copies are to be had, even if they are in Chinese.
Is this the book you are referring to:

The Authentic Christian Life
Old 02-26-2018, 01:24 PM   #8
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Quote:

It’s “out of print”, limited availability. I can’t find a way to purchase.
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 01:39 PM   #9
Acolyte4236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell View Post
It’s “out of print”, limited availability. I can’t find a way to purchase.
The book never went to print. It was yanked by HH for some reason prior to publication in the US. He is reworking it now for sale as his conversion to Orthodoxy/memoir book.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:27 PM   #10
Koinonia

According to what I have heard, this book was never published (in English or Chinese), and was likely never written (or finished).

LC leaders had introduced HH to the concept of "deification" (theosis) through the teachings of Witness Lee. Over time, HH became more and more enthralled with this teaching. Wanting to learn more, a few years ago, he sought out a meeting with Eastern Orthodox leaders in NYC (HH has spoken about this publicly, on one of his radio shows). These encounters eventually led to his aligning himself with Eastern Orthodoxy (instead of the LC). Ironically, LC leaders pointed HH to Eastern Orthodoxy, and then HH rejected the LC in favor of it.

This the way I understand it.
Koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 01:32 PM   #11
Acolyte4236

Quote:

Yes that is the book
Old 02-26-2018, 11:50 AM   #12
TLFisher

Quote:
As to HH sitting in many LSM trainings and such, can anyone here provide documentation?
No documentation I've ever seen. I've only been exposed to verbal expression regarding Hank's visit's to Asia accompanying blended co-workers.