Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Spiritual Abuse Titles

Spiritual Abuse Titles Spiritual abuse is the mistreatment of a person who is in need of help, support or greater spiritual empowerment, with the result of weakening, undermining or decreasing that person's spiritual empowerment.

Old 09-23-2020, 06:28 AM   #1
Raptor

Default How Jesus' Anticipated Pastoral Abuse - Mike Winger

How Jesus' Anticipated Pastoral Abuse: The Mark Series pt 39 (10:35-45)

https://youtu.be/GOjyRGJOKdY
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 12:21 AM   #2
Trapped

Default Re: How Jesus' Anticipated Pastoral Abuse - Mike Winger

Finally got some time this weekend to listen to this video. Awesome. Just about every saint in the local church should run, not walk, to listen to it.

It seems to me that if saints in the local church would just get over the mental hurdle of being willing to open their ears listen to something like this, I think the light might go on for some of them. I just don't see how it wouldn't right the ships of their mind that have been turned upside down by the ministry for so long.

How can they possibly say that there is no light elsewhere?? How can they say Christ isn't present in Christianity? It blows my mind.

It's very refreshing to hear solid Biblical interpretation that isn't spoken in the peculiar, stilted vernacular found in the LC. The further I get away from it the weirder it all is.

Thanks for posting the link to that video, Raptor.
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 03:53 AM   #3
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
Finally got some time this weekend to listen to this video. Awesome. Just about every saint in the local church should run, not walk, to listen to it.

Thanks for posting the link to that video, Raptor.
You are welcome. Some of his descriptions are amazingly similar to the Recovery. For example he talks about a pastor abusing his authority to protect his reputation and "the vision", and then the whole matter of accusing others that bring light to problems and issue.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 12:38 PM   #4
Trapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
You are welcome. Some of his descriptions are amazingly similar to the Recovery. For example he talks about a pastor abusing his authority to protect his reputation and "the vision", and then the whole matter of accusing others that bring light to problems and issue.
Yeah my jaw dropped when he mentioned "the vision" too. I had started to type out some helpful quotes to post for those who didn't want to take the 75 minutes to listen, but the typing got too arduous and he was such a clear and logical speaker I just wanted to listen.

I just liked his whole grace-filled approach. He also described some of Jesus's actions in ways that made total sense but that I'd never seen that way or put together that way before. May go back and listen to it again!
Old 09-27-2020, 08:20 PM   #5
Trapped

"If a leader can't be corrected, then he ought not be propped up."

BOOM!
Old 10-01-2020, 09:51 PM   #6
PriestlyScribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
How Jesus' Anticipated Pastoral Abuse: The Mark Series pt 39 (10:35-45)

https://youtu.be/GOjyRGJOKdY

Everything this man said resonated with my heart and soul which is still recovering from 35yrs spent inside the so called Lord's recovery. It was also very soothing to see a bookshelf background void of gold embossed green volumes arranged in perfect order....

Thanks for posting this healthy video!
Therefore seeing we have this ministry, even as we obtained mercy, we faint not; but we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by the manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. [2 Cor 4:1-2 ASV] - Our YouTube Channel - OUR WEBSITES - OUR FAVORITE SONG, ''I Abdicate''
PriestlyScribe is offline   Reply With Quote