Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Orthodoxy - Christian Teaching

Old 08-11-2018, 05:48 AM   #1
Drake

Default Re: Outer Darkness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
(Drake says I put together a 'selective' reading
Yep.

Reminds of a nice young Muslim man I once talked to.

I was preaching the gospel to an Imam and some of his followers...... an intense encounter as you might imagine. After an hour or so, not sure exactly cuz time flies by when you’re having fun, and the screaming on their side subsided a few decibels a young man pulled me aside, handed me a KJV Bible, and challenged me to show him where it says “Jesus is God”. Several verses came to mind and as I started to thumb through to them he added “but you can only use the verses in RED”. He meant of course that He only wanted the proof from the actual quotes of Jesus as indicated by the red text in his Bible.

That is selective and that is what Aron is also doing.. pivoting his argument on “1000” or limiting it to the book of Revelation. Plugging his ears to the whole in favor of a part to support his argument. In so doing he is violating an important matter concerning the Word of God. He is breaking it. Jesus told the Jews they were doing this when He referred to Himself as the Son of God and He challenged them concerning their own teaching “gods” in Psalm 82. He said the scripture cannot be broken. Aron’s argument fails were he to allow Brother Lees teaching on the subject from whole Bible.... so he slices and dices the Word of God... breaking it.

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:13 AM   #2
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
That is selective and that is what Aron is also doing.. pivoting his argument on “1000” or limiting it to the book of Revelation. Plugging his ears to the whole in favor of a part to support his argument. In so doing he is violating an important matter concerning the Word of God. He is breaking it. Jesus told the Jews they were doing this when He referred to Himself as the Son of God and He challenged them concerning their own teaching “gods” in Psalm 82. He said the scripture cannot be broken. Aron’s argument fails were he to allow Brother Lees teaching on the subject from whole Bible.... so he slices and dices the Word of God... breaking it.

Drake
I've read thousands of posts by aron, and have never seen this.

You, on the other hand ...
Old 08-25-2018, 03:25 PM   #3
ZNPaaneah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Yep.

Reminds of a nice young Muslim man I once talked to.

I was preaching the gospel to an Imam and some of his followers...... an intense encounter as you might imagine. After an hour or so, not sure exactly cuz time flies by when you’re having fun, and the screaming on their side subsided a few decibels a young man pulled me aside, handed me a KJV Bible, and challenged me to show him where it says “Jesus is God”. Several verses came to mind and as I started to thumb through to them he added “but you can only use the verses in RED”. He meant of course that He only wanted the proof from the actual quotes of Jesus as indicated by the red text in his Bible.

Drake
It may seem an unreasonable request, but why? We have a basis to think that the millennial kingdom is 1,000 years.

We have a basis to feel that the end of this age will be a judgement, and the end of the millennial kingdom will also have a judgement.

Why wouldn't the determination that you enter "outer darkness" or "the joy of your Lord" be made at the Lord's judgement seat. Seems quite consistent with the NT revelation. Why wouldn't the judgement to enter into the kingdom for all believers, even those in the "outer darkness" be made at the Great White Throne? seems reasonable.