Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > If you really Nee to know

If you really Nee to know Who was Watchman Nee? Discussions regarding the life and times of Watchman Nee, the Little Flock and the beginnings of the Local Church Movement in Mainland China

Old 11-17-2018, 07:45 AM   #1
DistantStar

Question A Timeline of Events?

I haven't been active on this forum in a while, but I like to lurk around sometimes. One of my friends is still in the LC - and is dating another LC member - so a part of me wants to know more. Some of the stuff said about relationships within the LC worries me. I want to know more, but it's kinda difficult to make sense of everything everyone says about the origin of the LC and the major events. Names are thrown around which some of us are not too familiar with.

Is it possible to compile a timeline of events of the LC? As in the birth of the LC, the spread to the US, major divisions, beginning of full time training, etc. This will really help a lot of us to gain a broad overview of the history of the LC.

Proverbs 14:12
DistantStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 02:45 PM   #2
Indiana

Default Re: A Timeline of Events?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantStar View Post

...Is it possible to compile a timeline of events of the LC? As in the birth of the LC, the spread to the US, major divisions, beginning of full time training, etc. This will really help a lot of us to gain a broad overview of the history of the LC.
Here you are DistantStar.

Watchman Nee
http://www.lordsrecovery.us/Timeline...hmanNeeEra.pdf

Witness Lee
http://www.lordsrecovery.us/Timeline...ssLeeEraUS.pdf
Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 05:10 PM   #3
aron

Why did Nee & Lee have senior co-workers like Ruth Lee & Peace Wang, whose value in the narrative merited separate sections in a chapter in Lee's biography of Nee, yet eighty years later, we're told women are constitutionally incapable of such roles? Either Nee & Lee were hypocrites then, or their followers are today. Why do they try to have it both ways?
Old 11-20-2018, 08:14 PM   #4
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Why did Nee & Lee have senior co-workers like Ruth Lee & Peace Wang, whose value in the narrative merited separate sections in a chapter in Lee's biography of Nee, yet eighty years later, we're told women are constitutionally incapable of such roles? Either Nee & Lee were hypocrites then, or their followers are today. Why do they try to have it both ways?
Do you want the LC answer?

Remember during the time of the Judges, when the situation was totally abnormal, God used a woman Debora to judge His people?

Likewise when the situation in China was abnormal, ruined by denominations, God was forced to use women to minister, but when the Recovery was established and "normal" (i.e. the MOTA was raised up), then women returned to their regular roles in the kitchen and cleaning services.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:47 AM   #5
aron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Do you want the LC answer?

Remember during the time of the Judges, when the situation was totally abnormal, God used a woman Debora to judge His people?

Likewise when the situation in China was abnormal, ruined by denominations, God was forced to use women to minister, but when the Recovery was established and "normal" (i.e. the MOTA was raised up), then women returned to their regular roles in the kitchen and cleaning services.
Thanks for the answer. It seems that LC theology and application are inconsistent, determined by their perceived needs on the ground. With God, however, there is no shadow cast by turning.

And the LC 'deputy God' naturally determines what's normal and abnormal, proper and improper, applicable and not - how very convenient.

Another explanation, more self-consistent, might be that women served their purpose, and then being expendable, were discarded. Just like JI and MR and BM and so many more later in the USA; use them up and then get rid of them. It is the Hive Uber Alles; there, I see an internal narrative coherence and a true consistency in purpose.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:09 AM   #6
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Thanks for the answer. It seems that LC theology and application are inconsistent, determined by their perceived needs on the ground. With God, however, there is no shadow cast by turning.

And the LC 'deputy God' naturally determines what's normal and abnormal, proper and improper, applicable and not - how very convenient.
Watchman Nee's attitude towards foreign missionaries supported by hosting denominations has always bothered me. Ever read the story of Eric Liddell, who was featured in the movie Chariots of Fire? He died in 1945 of exhaustion and stress, suffering from a brain tumor, all while imprisoned as missionary in China, bringing the Good News of the Savior to Nee's countrymen. Meanwhile MOTA Nee was excommunicated by the church in Shanghai for his immoral and unrighteous behavior.

O the evils of denominationalism! The unforgiveable sin! Eric Liddell's last words were "complete surrender," referring to how he gave his whole life to the Lord. Yet in the eyes of W. Nee, Liddell's missionary service was completely discredited due to the evils of his poor, poor, pitiful Presbyterian host.

But let's not discuss that the LC's under LSM have become a far worse denomination than all the others they condemn. Neither shall we mention the sins covered up by these MOTA's due to their status as the "Holy See," oops I mean "Seer."