Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Calling All Saints!

Calling All Saints! This board will serve as a meeting place for ex Local Church members to reestablish contact with other former and current members. GUESTS may post here as well.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:21 AM   #1
anon former member

Default Re: Hello Thankful Jane

Dear Jane,
I noticed that you posted recently, so I wanted to say hello. I prefer not to register, so I hope you don't mind my reaching out to you anonymously. I was helped greatly by your book, and it was one of the catalysts for me to leave the LC permanently. I've wondered if you have received feedback from other ex-members who were helped the same way. Your website doesn't appear to have been updated in a while. Could you share a little about what you and your family have been up to for the past few years, and whether your book has had an impact on others in the LC (or who have left the LC)?

Thank you.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:20 AM   #2
Thankful Jane

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon former member View Post
Dear Jane,
I noticed that you posted recently, so I wanted to say hello. I prefer not to register, so I hope you don't mind my reaching out to you anonymously. I was helped greatly by your book, and it was one of the catalysts for me to leave the LC permanently. I've wondered if you have received feedback from other ex-members who were helped the same way. Your website doesn't appear to have been updated in a while. Could you share a little about what you and your family have been up to for the past few years, and whether your book has had an impact on others in the LC (or who have left the LC)?

Thank you.
Hello anon,

I am glad to hear that you were helped by our story. Yes, I have had similar feedback as yours from others over the years since the book was published.

We made a decision a number of years ago to stop updating the website with responses from people because some of them let us know that even though the responses were posted anonymously, they still felt vulnerable to identification by LC internet “monitors.”

As for the impact of the book, we have heard, and still continue to hear, primarily from ex-LC members. In general, these tell us they are helped by hearing from someone who can understand what they have been through in the LC. They also tell us that they found renewed hope for their future as believers after seeing how we were able to leave the LC and still continue loving the Lord--not losing faith in Christ or being struck by lightning .

We have also heard from some who have relatives or friends—who are either already in the LC or are being recruited. I am happy to say we have been able to help some of these have a good outcome. Also, because of the book, I was asked to give my testimony to a large group of university students and afterwards spend another day with them, answering their questions.

We have also heard from some who were not in the LC but in other deviant Christian groups. These told us that the book was helpful to them because they had experienced the same wolf, only in slightly different-looking sheep’s clothing. We have even heard from Mormons who said that they felt like they were reading a book about Mormons. (That was a surprise.)

One person (that I am aware of) was saved as a result of reading the book. Right now two Jewish friends are reading it … and they plan talk to us about it when they finish. There is a God-story behind how that came to pass. (If it had been left to me, I would not have given the book to unbelieving Jewish people, but God saw differently, it seems. I am still scratching my head over this, and waiting to see what happens.)

I assume you know that the book is available for free download on our website.

I hope this information answers your questions with respect to the book.

As for us and how we are doing, we moved from our Dallas area home of 23 years to another location about a year and a half ago. This move has been a tremendous blessing. We have experienced His love and faithfulness, and most of all, we have seen how perfectly He carries out His good plans for us when we let Him be, not only our Savior, but our Lord.

He continues to teach me in two main areas:

. Matthew 18:15-18 and Matthew 5:23-25 – how to follow Him and apply these principles in a timely way (when problems with other believers happen--not years later.)

. The biblical role of women – how to fight the enemy by believing prayer and win battles by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Also, I have been working on 4 books (not about the LC) for the last few years. Someday, I expect to finish them! God has his timing for all things and seems to be making sure that I learn well the things I’m writing about before I share them. One of the books is the story (biography/autobiography) of an older couple we have come to know well who have an amazing and very inspirational life story with God (a small part of their journey was through the LC). That one is very near to completion.

So that about sums it up concerning us.

May God bless you as you learn to know His voice and follow Him,

Jane
Thankful Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 05:05 PM   #3
Elden1971

We just had a time of prayer and praise and fellowship with that older couple and what a blessing they are.....Since they are living epistles it must be difficult to bring their story to an end as they are still bubbling over with Joy! May the Lord Bless You as you bring their story to so many that will be blessed by their ongoing love story with each other and the Lord!
Old 04-28-2014, 08:35 AM   #4
anon former member

Hi Jane,
I'm the original commenter who asked you to share. Thanks very much for your response. Much grace and blessing to you and your family.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #5
countmeworthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thankful Jane View Post
Hello anon,

I am glad to hear that you were helped by our story. Yes, I have had similar feedback as yours from others over the years since the book was published.

We made a decision a number of years ago to stop updating the website with responses from people because some of them let us know that even though the responses were posted anonymously, they still felt vulnerable to identification by LC internet “monitors.”

As for the impact of the book, we have heard, and still continue to hear, primarily from ex-LC members. In general, these tell us they are helped by hearing from someone who can understand what they have been through in the LC. They also tell us that they found renewed hope for their future as believers after seeing how we were able to leave the LC and still continue loving the Lord--not losing faith in Christ or being struck by lightning .

We have also heard from some who have relatives or friends—who are either already in the LC or are being recruited. I am happy to say we have been able to help some of these have a good outcome. Also, because of the book, I was asked to give my testimony to a large group of university students and afterwards spend another day with them, answering their questions.

We have also heard from some who were not in the LC but in other deviant Christian groups. These told us that the book was helpful to them because they had experienced the same wolf, only in slightly different-looking sheep’s clothing. We have even heard from Mormons who said that they felt like they were reading a book about Mormons. (That was a surprise.)

One person (that I am aware of) was saved as a result of reading the book. Right now two Jewish friends are reading it … and they plan talk to us about it when they finish. There is a God-story behind how that came to pass. (If it had been left to me, I would not have given the book to unbelieving Jewish people, but God saw differently, it seems. I am still scratching my head over this, and waiting to see what happens.)

I assume you know that the book is available for free download on our website.

I hope this information answers your questions with respect to the book.

As for us and how we are doing, we moved from our Dallas area home of 23 years to another location about a year and a half ago. This move has been a tremendous blessing. We have experienced His love and faithfulness, and most of all, we have seen how perfectly He carries out His good plans for us when we let Him be, not only our Savior, but our Lord.

He continues to teach me in two main areas:

. Matthew 18:15-18 and Matthew 5:23-25 – how to follow Him and apply these principles in a timely way (when problems with other believers happen--not years later.)

. The biblical role of women – how to fight the enemy by believing prayer and win battles by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Also, I have been working on 4 books (not about the LC) for the last few years. Someday, I expect to finish them! God has his timing for all things and seems to be making sure that I learn well the things I’m writing about before I share them. One of the books is the story (biography/autobiography) of an older couple we have come to know well who have an amazing and very inspirational life story with God (a small part of their journey was through the LC). That one is very near to completion.

So that about sums it up concerning us.

May God bless you as you learn to know His voice and follow Him,

Jane
Awesome and powerful update on how God has been using you and your book Jane !! As for helping Mormons, how fabulous of God to use you to reach even them!!! I am certain many, many Mormons will be helped through your book and your testimony (our testimony..the former LCrs). I have ministered to several Mormon missionaries over the last 3-4 yrs. They are suffocating just as the LSM/LCrs are. They need the Lord's Love to set them free from religious bondage...like everyone else.

May God give you the Grace to finish your books in this lifetime !! :-)

Carol
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote