Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Writings of Former Members > Writings and Concerns of Steve Isitt

Old 12-07-2018, 05:43 PM   #1
Indiana

Default The True Story of Division Making in the Lord's Recovery

http://www.LordsRecovery.us/TrueStor...sionMaking.pdf

“The next afternoon I joined Godfred and Al at Brother Lee’s home. Godfred spoke strongly, asking Brother Lee first if he had spoken anything against us recently. He replied that he had not. Then Godfred reasoned with him: How is it that you speak against autonomy, considering that a problem, but you will not deal with the problems that we brought to your attention. Godfred spoke earnestly and impressively. He said, "the center of the church should be Christ, but He has been replaced by you and your ministry." Brother Lee was touched by what Godfred said, and perhaps considering that what he had just alleged afforded some light for clearing up the problem, he said, "I like to hear that." I recall the scene vividly, and his words still echo in my ears. It seemed that this time Brother Lee appreciated the frank fellowship and was trying to warm up to us. But we could not seem to make any real progress. Brother Lee remarked that everything that had happened in Europe which had caused so great a problem between the churches and the Living Stream Ministry was just a misunderstanding. After the meeting Godfred told us that he wanted to leave the eldership and was fully disgusted with the whole situation.” - John Ingalls, Speaking the Truth in Love
Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:48 AM   #2
Ohio

Default Re: The True Story of Division Making in the Lord's Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post

I recall the scene vividly, and his words still echo in my ears. It seemed that this time Brother Lee appreciated the frank fellowship and was trying to warm up to us. But we could not seem to make any real progress. Brother Lee remarked that everything that had happened in Europe which had caused so great a problem between the churches and the Living Stream Ministry was just a misunderstanding. After the meeting Godfred told us that he wanted to leave the eldership and was fully disgusted with the whole situation.” - John Ingalls, Speaking the Truth in Love
I came across these forums back in 2005. I was thoroughly disgusted with the Blendeds, LSM's new leadership, preparing as a "thief to steal and kill and destroy" (John 10.10) the Midwest LC's. I still held, however, Brother Lee and his ministry in high regard. That is, until I read John Ingalls' account, part of which was quoted above.

I was in the LC's long enough to have met John Ingalls, John So, and other men of God. I had heard them all speak publicly of their deep appreciation of Lee and his ministry. It so greatly troubled my heart that they had all colluded to overthrow Lee in 1988, or so I was told. Could this really be true? In the absence of further information, I was left with no choice but to accept Lee's version of events. For almost two decades.

Then I came across the proverbial "rest of the story." These brothers had been tried, convicted, and judged in absentia by Lee and his prosecutors. It never made any sense, but we never heard a defense either. In the LC information vacuum we were to remain calm and "go on." Titus Chu knew better, but remained silent.

It had now come time for the Blendeds to throw Titus Chu under the bus too. Apparently his prior loyalty and silence was no longer of value to LSM. And now with the internet, neither was their lock on information. We were now all free to read what really happened back in 1988. And more. And it was worse than anyone imagined. The proverbial "Pandora's Box" was now opened and released all of LSM's old demons.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:29 AM   #3
countmeworthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
I came across these forums back in 2005. I was thoroughly disgusted with the Blendeds, LSM's new leadership, preparing as a "thief to steal and kill and destroy" (John 10.10) the Midwest LC's. I still held, however, Brother Lee and his ministry in high regard. That is, until I read John Ingalls' account, part of which was quoted above.

I was in the LC's long enough to have met John Ingalls, John So, and other men of God. I had heard them all speak publicly of their deep appreciation of Lee and his ministry. etc...
Then I came across the proverbial "rest of the story." etc...
I don't know if Lee in particular deliberately used God's Word to puff himself and his ministry up or if somewhere along the way lost sight of the message in the bible.

In any case, the Holy Spirit left the LC/LSM when Lee and his ministry were elevated above Jesus Christ. Even as I glean through the posts of those defending Lee, it is all about LEEEEEEEE and his LSM ministry!! I do not see them Glorifying JESUS!! Bah hum bug!
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:03 AM   #4
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by countmeworthy View Post
I don't know if Lee in particular deliberately used God's Word to puff himself and his ministry up or if somewhere along the way lost sight of the message in the bible.
The fabricated version of church history, i.e. THE RECOVERY, was devised to exalt men, rather than God. Starting with Luther, then Darby, Nee, and Lee, church history revisionism, not some so-called "vision," was used to indoctrinate the church of God, so that she would revere "Ministers of the Age," rather than the lineage of Roman Popes which were regularly condemned by them. Different name, but same status.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:44 AM   #5
countmeworthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
The fabricated version of church history, i.e. THE RECOVERY, was devised to exalt men, rather than God. Starting with Luther, then Darby, Nee, and Lee, church history revisionism, not some so-called "vision," was used to indoctrinate the church of God, so that she would revere "Ministers of the Age," rather than the lineage of Roman Popes which were regularly condemned by them. Different name, but same status.
Why is it so difficult for the LSMrs to see through this? OH wait..Thankfully many are. In due time what is wood, hay and stubble will be burned up. All Glory to King Jesus.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:11 AM   #6
awareness

Quote:
Originally Posted by countmeworthy View Post
Why is it so difficult for the LSMrs to see through this? OH wait..Thankfully many are. In due time what is wood, hay and stubble will be burned up. All Glory to King Jesus.
See my post on the Merged thread ....
Old 12-09-2018, 01:47 PM   #7
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
http://www.LordsRecovery.us/TrueStor...sionMaking.pdf

“The next afternoon I joined Godfred and Al at Brother Lee’s home. Godfred spoke strongly, asking Brother Lee first if he had spoken anything against us recently. He replied that he had not. Then Godfred reasoned with him: How is it that you speak against autonomy, considering that a problem, but you will not deal with the problems that we brought to your attention. Godfred spoke earnestly and impressively. He said, "the center of the church should be Christ, but He has been replaced by you and your ministry." Brother Lee was touched by what Godfred said, and perhaps considering that what he had just alleged afforded some light for clearing up the problem, he said, "I like to hear that." I recall the scene vividly, and his words still echo in my ears. It seemed that this time Brother Lee appreciated the frank fellowship and was trying to warm up to us. But we could not seem to make any real progress. Brother Lee remarked that everything that had happened in Europe which had caused so great a problem between the churches and the Living Stream Ministry was just a misunderstanding. After the meeting Godfred told us that he wanted to leave the eldership and was fully disgusted with the whole situation.” - John Ingalls, Speaking the Truth in Love

LSM Division Making in Europe

http://lordsrecovery.us/EuropeanChurchesDepart1989.pdf

What happened in Europe was no misunderstanding. And instead of humble repentance in the leadership from WL and the BBs for causing division in the churches in Europe and for displacing blame onto John So; then maintaining their fictitious version of the history, they now strive for the recovery of countries in Europe.

Blending Brothers, consider each point John So made in his letter. This brother faced the facts of division and dealt with the impurity by withdrawing from a corrupted system. Nothing has been done to denounce and purge the system.
Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote