Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Suggestions and Feedback

Suggestions and Feedback Throw your two cents in here! Give us your suggestions & feedback for the title/subject of a new board.

Old 04-24-2018, 07:36 PM   #1
Trapped

Default Can you save a post draft?

Several times I've been working on a reply but I get timed out. The last time I was timed out and the redirect link after logging back in just led me to a blank page and I lost a lengthy reply. Is there a way to save a post draft-in-progress that I am missing? Or should I make it a practice of writing in Word and pasting it over when I'm done?

Also, if I go to reply to something and then reconsider, is there a "discard" or "trash" button I'm missing, or do I just navigate away?

Thanks!
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:11 PM   #2
Freedom

Default Re: Can you save a post draft?

I will copy and paste from Word if it is a longer post. But sometimes the formatting from Word doesn't copy over right.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:53 PM   #3
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
Several times I've been working on a reply but I get timed out. The last time I was timed out and the redirect link after logging back in just led me to a blank page and I lost a lengthy reply. Is there a way to save a post draft-in-progress that I am missing? Or should I make it a practice of writing in Word and pasting it over when I'm done?

Also, if I go to reply to something and then reconsider, is there a "discard" or "trash" button I'm missing, or do I just navigate away?

Thanks!
WordPad is easier.

My iPad won't store my reply if I go to another tab and return -- very frustrating.

You can go back and edit, but not delete the post, so I just erase everything and put a bunch of dots to meet quota.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:46 PM   #4
JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped View Post

Thanks!
Yes, always copy what you wrote (highlight it, right click, and select copy) before you submit it. That way you can start over by selecting the post you want to comment on then right clicking and selecting paste to get your post back.

Learned the hard way too many times.

A very good alternative is to compose your post first in a word processor, then do the same copy process in the word processor before you respond to the LCD post.

I've noticed that you usually have 24 hours to edit your post including deleting it (pick the edit button on the lower right corner of your post first, then edit away and save it again). And, even after you can't edit it Unto Him is good about deleting any posts you regret later if you just request it with your Post number in the thread you posted the bad post in.
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NASB)
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 07:21 AM   #5
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Another less involved way would be to occasionally highlight what you have written up to a point, then click the right button on your mouse. A menu will come up and one of the options is "Copy" - hit "Copy" and whatever you wrote up till that point will be saved, and then can be recovered by right clicking the mouse again and choosing "Paste". I believe whatever you "save" in this manner will be there as long as your computer is not turned off or rebooted.
-
*** I just saw JJ recommended the same thing! If I'm getting into a longer post, I will save my post in this manner after every couple of paragraphs, just in case something happens along the way.
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:50 AM   #6
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
Another less involved way would be to occasionally highlight what you have written up to a point, then click the right button on your mouse. A menu will come up and one of the options is "Copy" - hit "Copy" and whatever you wrote up till that point will be saved, and then can be recovered by right clicking the mouse again and choosing "Paste".
Wow!

And all these years I have been using Control-C and Control-V, when all I needed to do was Right-Click.

Thanks