Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Calling All Saints!

Calling All Saints! This board will serve as a meeting place for ex Local Church members to reestablish contact with other former and current members. GUESTS may post here as well.

Old 09-04-2017, 06:02 AM   #1
LifeGoesOn

Default There is no "life" outside of the LC - satanic lie

I see that this has been mentioned in other posts, but I didn't see a thread addressing this directly; the satanic lie that "There is no Life outside of the LC. Everything else is just 'degraded Christianity'. If you leave 'the Church Life' ® you are in 'outer darkness' and need not bother to seek fellowship. It's either recent, repent and return or wither and die.

This a a ingeniously wicked strategy from the depths of hell. I have seen its devasting effects on the lives of ex-LC'ers. I am watching it happen to several right now. I HATE IT! The degree of spiritual abuse and mind bending that is inflicted upon LC members is unreal and can be spiritually fatal if not confronted and prayed against. I am living proof that Jesus is King and can deliver former LC'ers from this lie. Praise our wonderful God!

How have you guys dealt with this evil scheme of the enemy?
LifeGoesOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 06:21 AM   #2
Ohio

Default Re: There is no "life" outside of the LC - satanic lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeGoesOn View Post
I see that this has been mentioned in other posts, but I didn't see a thread addressing this directly; the satanic lie that "There is no Life outside of the LC. Everything else is just 'degraded Christianity'. If you leave 'the Church Life' ® you are in 'outer darkness' and need not bother to seek fellowship. It's either recent, repent and return or wither and die.

This a a ingeniously wicked strategy from the depths of hell. I have seen its devasting effects on the lives of ex-LC'ers. I am watching it happen to several right now. I HATE IT! The degree of spiritual abuse and mind bending that is inflicted upon LC members is unreal and can be spiritually fatal if not confronted and prayed against. I am living proof that Jesus is King and can deliver former LC'ers from this lie. Praise our wonderful God!

Sure. Absolutely.

Many ex-members went back to the world. Many gave up the faith. Some have even gone to Judaism, Buddism, New Age Universalism, Native American worship, etc. Some have become LGBTQIAM.

The teaching, as you rightly said, is straight from hell.

How about our resident LSMers publicly renounce this evil teaching.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:39 AM   #3
LifeGoesOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Sure. Absolutely.

Many ex-members went back to the world. Many gave up the faith. Some have even gone to Judaism, Buddism, New Age Universalism, Native American worship, etc. Some have become LGBTQIAM.

The teaching, as you rightly said, is straight from hell.

How about our resident LSMers publicly renounce this evil teaching.
Amen (X 100)!

Right now I know of several families and individuals who are awaking to the wickedness of the LC system and its religious stronghold. They know that "Elvis has left the building" a long time ago and they waffle back and forth between meeting and not meeting. For the most part they are just not meeting...ANYWHERE. They are tormented and under the mind control of this lie.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:43 AM   #4
awareness

Quote:

When all else fails fear tactics work. If you leave the bogeyman will get you.

I remember in the c. in Ft. Lauderdale, Fl. I was told of a bother that was a welder. And after leaving the LC, he was welding on a tank and it blew up and killed him. The message : Indeed there is no life after the LC, literally.

But after decades of being out of the LC I'm living proof that that is BS. And down thru the years, I've provided many chances for God to take me out.

Conversely, actually, God loves me for leaving that cult. Cults use fear to control their cult followers.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:53 AM   #5
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
When all else fails fear tactics work. If you leave the bogeyman will get you.
Fear tactics are exclusive to exclusive religious systems.

Growing up Catholic, I was regularly taught that if I missed mass, I would commit a mortal sin, which would condemn me to eternal hellfire if I died before making it to the confessional.

Studying the Darby Exclusive Brethren history prior to my leaving the LC, I learned it was also their practice to regularly instill fear into members to prevent their departure or exploration into life outside the system. Dr. Neatby (great Brethren history, btw, if you are interested) exposed the practice calling it a "Bug Bear" -- an old British expression for a fictional monster hiding in a child's closet, used by parents to control their behavior, or should I write behaviour.

The LSM "Bogeyman" is just as powerful today for many LC members.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:11 PM   #6
HBJ

How have you guys dealt with this evil scheme of the enemy? I didn't, the Lord rescued me. I left the LC in 1979-80. I looked for the Lord elsewhere, but would only go to non-denominational churches, then totally gave up after about a year.

The Lord brought me back in 1988. He brought me to a realization of needing to seek him again. I've now been in the same loving church of God seeking Christians since 1988. Yes a denomination, (no I don't agree with everything), but it is where I am planted and will stay until the Lord says otherwise! It is not our job to deal with the enemy's schemes. The Lord is faithful to take care of His sheep!
HBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 04:17 AM   #7
Nell
Admin/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
...But after decades of being out of the LC I'm living proof that that is BS. ...
Do you think that abbreviated profanity is somehow not profane?

Nell
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 04:55 AM   #8
LifeGoesOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBJ View Post
[I][U] It is not our job to deal with the enemy's schemes. The Lord is faithful to take care of His sheep!

The Lord does indeed take care of His sheep. I can attest to this. Praise Him!

At the same time, we have been given His authority. He gives us wisdom and the authority to bind and loose. He moves through us, leads and guides us.

The Lord made it clear to me that "LC or nothing" is a lie from hell and that it needs to be addressed and exposed.

I have shared this with my family and other LC believers who are being held in bondage to the LC and the religious spirit that has dominion over it.

The truth shall set us free!

“Jesus summoned His twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every kind of disease and every kind of sickness.”

**Matthew‬ *10:1‬ *NASB‬‬

“And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.”

**Matthew‬ *28:18‬ *

“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father.”
John‬ *14:12‬ *
Old 09-05-2017, 07:29 PM   #9
Freedom

Quote:

I think that those in the LCM realize that there isn’t much to hold people in, so they resort to fear tactics to counter the ongoing problem of member retention. Ironically, because the LCM purports to be something so significant and special, any noticeable lack with respect to growth and member retention has the potential to unravel the whole ‘recovery’ paradigm. In other words, to those in the LC, people who defect and leave are a threat to the movement.

Sadly, it is the rank and file members who are adversely affected by it. As others have said, there are so many who are strewn along the wayside, who were never able to look beyond the LCM, even after leaving.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 08:26 PM   #10
TLFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
I think that those in the LCM realize that there isn’t much to hold people in, so they resort to fear tactics to counter the ongoing problem of member retention. Ironically, because the LCM purports to be something so significant and special, any noticeable lack with respect to growth and member retention has the potential to unravel the whole ‘recovery’ paradigm. In other words, to those in the LC, people who defect and leave are a threat to the movement.

Sadly, it is the rank and file members who are adversely affected by it. As others have said, there are so many who are strewn along the wayside, who were never able to look beyond the LCM, even after leaving.
I believe part of the problem with attrition in the Local Churches is a like of grace for those with "different concepts" and an unwillingness to address "the elephant in the living room".
With the fear tactics, it's either you stay or you leave with a peaceful conscience. I think there's some who may have sacrificed their integrity one too many times and come to the resolve, no further.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:17 PM   #11
Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
I think there's some who may have sacrificed their integrity one too many times and come to the resolve, no further.
One prominent theme in WL's ministry was that he repeatedly told people to ignore potentially questionable things for a supposed greater good or for the sake of 'oneness'. As it turns out, the things that were ignored were the very things that shouldn't have been ignored.

When it comes to integrity, I think those in the LC remain convinced that as long as they follow "the ministry" (aka Lee), they can do no wrong. So integrity is never given much thought in the LC.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:23 AM   #12
TLFisher

Quote:
One prominent theme in WL's ministry was that he repeatedly told people to ignore potentially questionable things for a supposed greater good or for the sake of 'oneness'. As it turns out, the things that were ignored were the very things that shouldn't have been ignored.

When it comes to integrity, I think those in the LC remain convinced that as long as they follow "the ministry" (aka Lee), they can do no wrong. So integrity is never given much thought in the LC.
For the sake of "oneness with the brothers" at times one needs to learn to ignore their conscience. That's what it comes down to.
That's my explanation why there's a tendency for certain brothers to suffer nervous breakdowns.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:36 PM   #13
Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
For the sake of "oneness with the brothers" at times one needs to learn to ignore their conscience. That's what it comes down to.
That's my explanation why there's a tendency for certain brothers to suffer nervous breakdowns.
Those who are in the LC perceive it to be something that it isn't. Thus, there is a fundamental disconnect at play. More importantly, however, is the fact that the LCM doesn't even remotely resemble anything that that Lee or anyone else claimed it to be. The discrepancy is so overwhelming, that anyone seeking to support the LC has to either make conscious decision to deny the reality of what is in front of them, or they have been seriously misled by mantras like "don't look at the outward situation."
Old 09-13-2017, 11:25 AM   #14
TLFisher

Quote:
Those who are in the LC perceive it to be something that it isn't. Thus, there is a fundamental disconnect at play. More importantly, however, is the fact that the LCM doesn't even remotely resemble anything that that Lee or anyone else claimed it to be. The discrepancy is so overwhelming, that anyone seeking to support the LC has to either make conscious decision to deny the reality of what is in front of them, or they have been seriously misled by mantras like "don't look at the outward situation."
There is quite a disconnect, but if the brothers wanted to bridge the gap it would require a leap of faith. One beginning with humility and grace.