Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Oh Lord, Where Do We Go From Here?

Oh Lord, Where Do We Go From Here? Current and former members (and anyone in between!)... tell us what is on your mind and in your heart.

Old 10-08-2019, 07:59 AM   #1
googlelight

Default 1 John 2:27 versus following "The Ministry" in "The Lord`s Recovery" today

"And as for you, the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone teach you; but as His anointing teaches you concerning all things and is true and is not a lie, and even as it has taught you, abide in Him."

I understand this to mean, first and foremost, living according to the light you personally have received from Him, serving God in a pure conscience (2 Timothy 1:3), and "as therefore you have received the Christ, Jesus the Lord, walk in Him"(Col 2:6). At some point in time, all of us "met" the Lord, or the Lord revealed Himself to us. We are admonished by the highest authority to continue to walk in this way. Now it begins to dawn on me, what everyone (on the outside) has been telling me, which I didnt want to listen to, that I have been walking in Witness Lee, in a sense. Or, the direction of my life, "the way forward", indirectly and directly has been given to me by a handful blended brothers interpretation of W.Lees and B.Nees writings. Of course, it is a grave error of me, if these brothers actually receive everything from the Lord and then pass it on to us. But according to 1 John 2:27, we are shown the way the Lord today abides in us. It seems unreasonable for the Lord to go against His own Word.

Interestingly Witness Lee writes the following:
"Do not set your expectation on some great vision or on some great experience. And do not expect anything outward, for the God who hides Himself is at work within your life, and He is working mightily. Your responsibility is to cooperate with Him by responding to His voice within—that “gentle, quiet voice,” that voice that seems so much a part of your own feelings that you scarcely recognize it as a voice at all. To that voice, registered in the deepest depths of your being, you must say Amen, for there, secretly and ceaselessly, the God who hides Himself is working."

He said; do not set your expectation on some great vision...The High Peak truths? The Vision of the One Unique ministry? So it seems here he points to live according to 1 John 2:27. So now, by taking the word of Witness Lee, I must remove myself from todays so called Lords recovery, because this is aboslutely not what I see is practiced and it has neither been my experience.

Any thoughts, input? I am aware that my mind might play tricks on me
googlelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:23 AM   #2
countmeworthy

Default Re: 1 John 2:27 versus following "The Ministry" in "The Lord`s Recovery" to

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlelight View Post
"And as for you, the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone teach you; but as His anointing teaches you concerning all things and is true and is not a lie, and even as it has taught you, abide in Him."

Quote:
Now it begins to dawn on me, what everyone (on the outside) has been telling me, which I didn't want to listen to, that I have been walking in Witness Lee, in a sense. Or, the direction of my life, "the way forward", indirectly and directly has been given to me by a handful blended brothers interpretation of W.Lees and B.Nees writings. Of course, it is a grave error of me,
If it dawned on you, that means the LORD Himself revealed to you through His Spirit and through people that Witness Lee's ways and teachings are wrong.

That you have listened and obeyed pleases GOD and that 'grave error' has been erased for the Lord makes all things new. Continue to abide in Christ. Keep reading and studying the Pure Word of God and let the Holy Spirit teach you and reveal the scriptures to you. Ask Him to give you understanding and ask Him to place a hedge of protection so that you will not be deceived.

May God fill your spirit with His Love and inner peace as He gives you understanding and revelation.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:55 AM   #3
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: 1 John 2:27 versus following "The Ministry" in "The Lord`s Recovery" to

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlelight View Post
Interestingly Witness Lee writes the following:
"Do not set your expectation on some great vision or on some great experience. And do not expect anything outward, for the God who hides Himself is at work within your life, and He is working mightily. Your responsibility is to cooperate with Him by responding to His voice within—that “gentle, quiet voice,” that voice that seems so much a part of your own feelings that you scarcely recognize it as a voice at all. To that voice, registered in the deepest depths of your being, you must say Amen, for there, secretly and ceaselessly, the God who hides Himself is working."
When I turned to the Lord out of the pit in my youth, He spoke things directly to my spirit that I am still marveling at and realizing! WL words about the inner Anointing here are spot on here. The so-called "High Vision" I can't really speak to, but I do know if you ask Him about things, He will answer at some point and in some way. Sometimes it is the inner, still, small voice. Other times it comes through another or something outward. But to me, the Anointing trumps them all.

It's like when Paul said that on (I believe) a couple occasion , a door was opened to them, but yet the inner Spirit restrained them, so they didn't go. They had no peace.

It takes some discernment of spirit to know what to listen to, and this is especially true of WL's speakings. Some, like the above, are very good and clear. I would say be careful about anything that smacks of exclusivity or elitism (pride), and isn't grounded in God's love. High vision is fine, but even WL said, at the end of his life, that love was not emphasized enough. The complete divine vision is rooted and grounded in God's love, which is His motivation for everything He does with us! Without love, even the highest things are "tinkling brass" and not profitable.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:52 PM   #4
googlelight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
When I turned to the Lord out of the pit in my youth, He spoke things directly to my spirit that I am still marveling at and realizing!
Amen to that!
googlelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:56 AM   #5
OBW

There is something about these verses that is profound and strengthening, and at the same time troubling.

What is troubling to me about them is the propensity for some to take them as evidence that we do not need any teaching. Note that the previous verses (the context) indicate that there has been much that has already been taught to them. And with that knowledge on-board, and the anointing that is mentioned, we have the ability to know when some are teaching things that are incorrect and would lead us astray.

This is not a call for the end of teachers. Or for churning out new insight. In context, it is a reminder that there is a strong base in the truth, that when coupled with the indwelling Spirit can spot the counterfeits and keep us in the truth and shine the light on spiritual counterfeits.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote