Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Blogosphere @ LocalChurchDiscussions

Blogosphere @ LocalChurchDiscussions Each Blog is it's own thread. Please only one Blog per user! Guests are welcome to start their own Blog - Simply hit "New Thread" and Blog away!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
TLFisher

Default Thoughts for Fellowship

Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment.
Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, "I am of Paul," and "I of Apollos," and "I of Cephas," and "I of Christ."
Has Christ been divided? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?
I Corinthians 1:10,12-13

This portion from Paul, I can relate to and grieve in this present time. Paul's word isn't so much because of a name, bit because of heart attitude. Division is out of following a certain minister first before Christ. Division is receiving believers only if they meet with your congregation. What I have observed is believers will meet IF it's a church-sanctioned meeting much more than it is about gathering 2 to 3 in His name. When I mention the home group I meet with to loved ones or friends, the first question I'm asked is "is it through the church?".
When we gather in the Lord's name, we ought to be general in our gathering. How much more general can be it with Christ as the sole purpose for meeting together? When a specific ministry becomes the purpose for gathering, then we have fallen right into the trap Paul spoke up against in verse 12.

The issue is not receiving according to a particular ministry or minister, but "therefore, accept one another, just as Christ also accepted us to the glory of God." Romans 15:7.
TLFisher is offline   Reply With Quote