Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > The Local Church in the 21st Century

The Local Church in the 21st Century Observations and Discussions regarding the Local Church Movement in the Here and Now

Old 09-20-2020, 01:06 PM   #1
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Excerpts from "The Beliefs and Practices of The Local Churches"

As posted on ContendingForTheFaith.Org.
https://contendingforthefaith.org/en...ocal-churches/

This was originally published around 1977 as a pamphlet for Local Church members to give to inquiring Christians and the general public. Some the questions and answers were no doubt meant to be a rebuttal of sorts to the questions and concerns raised by the original Bible Answer Man, Dr. Walter Martin.

--------------------------------------------------------

Who is your leader?
Our unique leader is Christ. We have no official, permanent, organized human leadership. Furthermore, there is no hierarchy of any kind and no worldwide leader. We regard no person as infallible, and we do not follow anyone blindly. On the contrary, we follow only those whose teaching and practice is in accordance with the truth of God’s Word. Those who take the lead do not lord it over the saints, but rather shepherd them in love. Likewise, those who serve the Lord do not control the churches, but rather serve them as bondslaves of Christ in the ministry of the living Word.

Where is your headquarters?
Each local church is autonomous in its administration. Therefore, there is no central headquarters. No particular local church should be regarded as the head church or leading church. On the contrary, all the local churches share the same standing before the Lord.

We have no official, permanent, organized human leadership.
If this wasn't so sad and tragic, it would be Nee slapping funny! Anyone who was in the Local Church for more than a few weeks found out that Witness Lee was just about as official and permanent of a leader as one could get. In fact, accepting Witness Lee's authority and ministry became "indispensable" to any elder and/or co-worker, and by extension, all the rank-and-file members as well. God have mercy

No central headquarters? Really guys? If the LSM training/conference/printing/communications digs there at 2431 W. La Palma Ave in Anaheim is not the headquarters of the Local Church of Witness Lee, then there is no such thing as headquarters! Check out the LSM 990 form from 2018. NET ASSETS OF $100,000,000.
https://www.causeiq.com/organization...ada5ae8aa65d65

-----------------------------------------------------
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 05:53 PM   #2
Ohio

Default Re: Excerpts from "The Beliefs and Practices of The Local Churches"

Because of their unwavering faith in Witness Lee, they truly believe this stuff.
Old 09-20-2020, 08:20 PM   #3
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post

Each local church is autonomous in its administration. Therefore, there is no central headquarters. No particular local church should be regarded as the head church or leading church. On the contrary, all the local churches share the same standing before the Lord.

-----------------------------------------------------
I was in a locality where for XYZ reasons, not sin, not immorality, not division, not idol worship, a co-worker came and told the elders I could no longer serve in the church for a certain period of time. The leading ones in the church were shocked; they were not consulted or asked, they were just told that is how things were going to be.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:18 AM   #4
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
I was in a locality where for XYZ reasons, not sin, not immorality, not division, not idol worship, a co-worker came and told the elders I could no longer serve in the church for a certain period of time. The leading ones in the church were shocked; they were not consulted or asked, they were just told that is how things were going to be.
The operation of the Anaheim Blendeds is no different than that of the Roman Vatican. Don't let anyone tell you different. We watched this play out in the Midwest.

This is not at all a recent development. Back in the 80's Don Hardy in Rosemead got the same exact treatment by WL. Forget about all of those fake LC teachings about local church autonomy, the Blendeds have only done what they watched WL do.

Witness Lee: "Do as I do, not as I say." I'll make up new rules later.
Old 09-21-2020, 12:31 PM   #5
Sons to Glory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
FYI: FOUND A LITTLE OVER HALFWAY DOWN THAT PAGE

This was originally published around 1977 as a pamphlet for Local Church members to give to inquiring Christians and the general public. Some the questions and answers were no doubt meant to be a rebuttal of sorts to the questions and concerns raised by the original Bible Answer Man, Dr. Walter Martin.
--------------------------------------------------------
Who is your leader?
Our unique leader is Christ. We have no official, permanent, organized human leadership. Furthermore, there is no hierarchy of any kind and no worldwide leader. We regard no person as infallible, and we do not follow anyone blindly. On the contrary, we follow only those whose teaching and practice is in accordance with the truth of God’s Word. Those who take the lead do not lord it over the saints, but rather shepherd them in love. Likewise, those who serve the Lord do not control the churches, but rather serve them as bondslaves of Christ in the ministry of the living Word.

WOW! When I read this (I'm pretty sure I'd seen it before) I was in amazement! According to what I've seen firsthand, the LC is anything but what it says here! In fact, you could rewrite it saying the opposite for each thing stated, and it would be quite accurate I think . . .
Old 09-21-2020, 06:19 PM   #6
Trapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
WOW! When I read this (I'm pretty sure I'd seen it before) I was in amazement! According to what I've seen firsthand, the LC is anything but what it says here! In fact, you could rewrite it saying the opposite for each thing stated, and it would be quite accurate I think . . .
And the Bible says lying lips are an abomination to the Lord. It says that all liars will have their part in the lake of fire.

And yet the co-workers are lying about what they call "the genuine church". They are lying about the very thing Jesus laid His life down for. What gall!
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote