Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Orthodoxy - Christian Teaching

Old 08-01-2019, 11:41 AM   #1
ZNPaaneah

Default False Prophets

Originally I was going to title this "the judgement of the False prophet" but decided against that, why limit the discussion. To me this forum is about "making sense of the 'Lord's Recovery' movement. I couldn't do that until I studied the false prophets. That said I hope UntoHim can move the posts that he felt didn't belong in the 1,000 year thread here.

"But there arose false prophets also among the people, as among you also there shall be false teachers, who shall privily bring in destructive heresies"

I think this verse is crucial. All Christians need to warned. He is saying the false prophets arise among us, Christians, and they bring in destructive heresies (schools of thought) to us, Christians.

the prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?

This verse is also critical, it ties the false prophets into religion, a major tenet of WL's "Christ vs Religion" theme that dominated his ministry. It also shows that this is common throughout history. We are not looking for "The" false prophet but instead see them everywhere throughout human history. It also calls them "the prophets", people we would think were men of God, yet they "prophesy falsely". Also, "my people love to have it so" -- false prophets reveal our sinful tendency. Didn't we love the idea that we were "the elite" Christians when we were in the church? Didn't the idea that everyone else was wrong in the way they met, only we were right. Doesn't that reveal a wicked heart? Isn't repenting of that valuable in our going on with the Lord?

Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing,

Surely "sheep's clothing" indicates they appear to be sheep, Christians, brothers, believers. That is part of the deceit.

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

"If possible lead astray the elect"? Really, how could they do that unless they appeared to be men of God, prophets of God, holy men. Who else would you allow to lead you astray? The Lord said my sheep hear my voice and they won't follow another, the deceit is to make their voice mimic the Lord's voice.

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but prove the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

This verse really comforted me. All things are of the Lord and work together for good to those who love Him and are called according to purpose. The Lord would not allow "many" false prophets to go out unless they served a purpose that worked for good.

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where are also the beast and the false prophet; and they shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Ultimately the false prophet is in the Lake of fire prior to the Great White Throne Judgement. I find that quite interesting. Clearly he shares the same judgement that the Devil has, but then so do all who are cast into the Lake of Fire. Some claim that the false prophets judgement was from old. That seems bizarre to me. These are men, rebellious men who have sinned and deceived God's people yet some claim they were judged before they were born, before they sinned. According to the Bible their sin is that they delude God's people. If you are going to be judged there should be a trial with witnesses. These people who were deluded by the false prophet should be the witnesses (kind of like this forum witnessing concerning various sins that took place in the context of LSM and the Local Church). So then, how could the trial be "from old"? How could witnesses witness to the crime before the crime took place?

Truly, God will not do wrong. The Almighty will not twist justice. Job 34:12

It does not seem just to me to judge the false prophet prior to them committing sins.

Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne (Ps 89:14)

Since righteousness and justice are the foundation of the Lord's throne I can't imagine Him treating the false prophet unrighteously.

So what, why is this important

When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous but terror too evildoers. (Proverbs 21:15)

There is a benefit to false prophets. They expose our lusts and they force us to examine the word carefully. Also, when justice finally is done it brings joy to the righteous. Why would you short circuit that? If the false prophet has deceived the believers then surely it will bring joy to the believers to see his judgement. What better time and place than the judgement seat of Christ.

9 And when he opened the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of them that had been slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 and they cried with a great voice, saying, How long, O Master, the holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11 And there was given them to each one a white robe; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little time, until their fellow-servants also and their brethren, who should be killed even as they were, should [j]have fulfilled their course.

Surely these verses refer to the Beast and the False prophet (as well as others). According to this verse God has not yet "judged" them.

No one who practices deceit will dwell in my house; no one who speaks falsely will stand in my presence. Psalms 101:7

Now this forum is dedicated to making sense of the Local church and the deceit that was practices and the falsehood that was spoken. Hence, I feel this is a very serious warning to those of us who witnessed these things in the Local Church and with LSM

The ultimate irony

13 while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

Suppose for a second that the false prophet, whose modus operandi is to deceive also winds up being deceived. He thinks he is a Christian and wants to be judged at the judgement seat of Christ. Ouch!
Old 08-01-2019, 02:20 PM   #2
Jo S

Default Re: False Prophets

Correct me if I'm wrong. You believe that the Beast and False Prophet of revelation are more of a metaphor pointing to a type of spiritual condition rather than to two individual people?
Jo S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 02:23 PM   #3
ZNPaaneah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo S View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong. You believe that the Beast and False Prophet of revelation are more of a metaphor pointing to a type of spiritual condition rather than to two individual people?
No, I believe they are two individual people. However, I am not discussing the beast on this thread.

As for "The false prophet" that, to my understanding refers to one person that appears at the end of the age. This person is typified by Judas and Balaam, the two examples of "false prophets".

That said we have had false prophets from the time of Balaam to the present. Many have gone out into the world. We have been warned to beware of them, etc. Just as the end of the age will see a figure referred to as "The antichrist" yet John said there are many antichrists. Same concept.

2Cor 11:13 -- for such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:07 PM   #4
Jo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post

2Cor 11:13 -- for such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ.
How to you properly discern between a False Prophet and a genuine Christian? Both are professing Christians.
Jo S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:45 PM   #5
ZNPaaneah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo S View Post
How to you properly discern between a False Prophet and a genuine Christian? Both are professing Christians.
2 But there arose false prophets also among the people, as among you also there shall be false teachers, who shall privily bring in destructive heresies, denying even the Master that bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

"destructive heresies, denying even the Master that bought them"

MOTA is a destructive heresy

Ground of the church is a destructive heresy.

Both of these even deny the master that bought them.
Old 08-02-2019, 04:37 AM   #6
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: How do you properly discern them

They are here

1. There are false prophets among you
2. They bring in destructive teachings secretly — that is people are hurt, slandered, sued, and ostracized. All of this in an environment of secrecy.
3. Denying the Lord who bought them. This implies they were saved. For example, consider the doctrine of MOTA. This doctrine is built up on verses that refer Jesus Christ. Jesus is the “Minister of this Age”. So to claim that for themselves is to deny the Lord Jesus Christ. Also, consider the “ground of the church”. The blood of Christ gives us our standing and makes us all one. It is this work that reconciles two warring factions, breaking down the middle wall of partition and making them one. This doctrine denies that and says it is the name by which you refer to your meeting hall that is the ground on which we stand.
4. Bring on themselves swift destruction — consider how quickly the Local churches in the US were destroyed. How quickly from the time the churches first rose up to the whole Max situation, Sister’s rebellion, 80s turmoil, Split with churches in Germany, Africa, South America, Hong Kong, Excommunication of Titus, etc. Mind Benders, Godmen, etc. Episode after episode “they bring on themselves swift destruction”.

Their disciples

5. Many will follow their destructive ways — one thing we have learned is that the ways we were taught in the LC were destructive. These ways are being continued by the Blended Brothers, by RK, by BP, etc.
6. Because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed — this is what we are now seeing in various letters that saints are posting on the internet.

Modus Operandi

7. By covetousness with deceptive words — Daystar, training fees, blue chairs, standing orders, these are all examples that the motive is covetousness.

8. The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations — many of the testimonies of how we got delivered from a really twisted situation.

The way in which they battle

9. Walk according to the flesh — lawsuits, contentions, strife, jealousy, envy, etc.
10. Presumptuous and self willed — despise authority. They totally reject the authority of any other Christian as illegitimate.
11. Reviling accusations — calling those who would stand up to them as “men of death”.

List of sins

12. Carousing in their own deceptions while they feast with you.
13. Having eyes full of adultery
14. Entice unstable souls
15. They have a heart trained in covetous practices
16. Follow in the way of Balaam
17. Well without water — think about all these repackaged messages. We did not realize that this is what WL was doing, but now with the Blended’s they are simply reheating the leftovers, which themselves were reheated leftovers.
18. They speak great swelling words of emptiness — the “crystallization of the high peaks truths”, etc.

Reap what they sow

19. The end is worse than the beginning — they always talk about the good old days, eldon Hall, etc. Their history is going down from level to the next, hence the end is worse than the beginning.
20. It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness. Don’t think that because they know the way of righteousness that they can’t be false prophets.
Old 08-03-2019, 03:08 PM   #7
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: How to discern true Prophets

Art thou he that cometh, or look we for another? 4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Go and tell John the things which ye hear and see: 5 the blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good tidings preached to them. 6 And blessed is he, whosoever shall find no occasion of stumbling in me.

There is nothing destructive here, only things that heal, build up and encourage.

Nothing done secretly, everything was done in the open, before all.

Nothing that would cause the way of the truth to be blasphemed, on the contrary all these acts resulted in glory to God.

Nothing covetous, the gospel is to the poor who cannot recompense.

Please note, everything Jesus did was to restore people to their full function. What false prophets do is to bring you into bondage to serve their whim.

25 At that season Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou didst hide these things from the wise and understanding, and didst reveal them unto babes: 26 yea, Father, for so it was well-pleasing in thy sight. 27 All things have been delivered unto me of my Father: and no one knoweth the Son, save the Father; neither doth any know the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son willeth to reveal him.

The bottom line is this, you need a revelation from the Father to see Jesus. Now there is no way that you will even know the Father unless the Son wills to reveal Him to you. Think how awesome this is. Maybe the false prophet was able to deceive you, maybe you suffered in the LC or experienced one of these negative testimonies. But, can the false prophet deceive Jesus? Can he deceive God the Father? If he can't deceive them then it is all for nothing. The only thing that really matters is knowing the Son and having Him reveal the Father to us. In the end the False prophet has deceived himself into thinking his deceit has some kind of value or some kind of wisdom. It is simply folly.