Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Oh Lord, Where Do We Go From Here?

Oh Lord, Where Do We Go From Here? Current and former members (and anyone in between!)... tell us what is on your mind and in your heart.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
Indiana

Default Integrity, BBs, and a Man from Hollywood

A brother sent me this link to a “stirring speech that was given by Charlton Heston in 1999 on the Harvard Campus”, related to the need to have integrity in the face of “political correctness".

http://www.blendedbody.com/_cl/_audi...ulturalWar.pdf There is also an audio.

There is a spiritual correlation to this in the Local Church related to breaking through the expectations of the “party” and showing that integrity is more important than toe-ing the party line.

In 2002 a former elder spoke of the “party” leadership mentality and its expectations of the conformation of other “party” members. .

Steve
Regarding Bill's letter to W.Lee. A tragic story. What kept going through my mind was W. Lee's word of fellowship (I was there), You brothers have never learned how to fellowship (with me). To understand this whole mess, you have to try and understand the Chinese mentality, their cultural background, ie, the way they think. And don't tell me that we are in Christ, the new man, and culture has nothing to do with it. Well I'm afraid in reality, it has everything to do with most of the frustration you are dealing with.

I remember many times listening to Bro. Lee say never touch the Chinese mentality. I never quite understood what he meant. In secular language, the word inscrutable is used to describe the Chinese. To me this means, you can never pin them down or get them to admit error. You can never figure them out, and they seem sooo humble.

If you have following the negotiations with the US and China over the downed plane, you will get a clue about them; wanting the US to apologize for their errors. Against all truth, facts, reasonableness, logic, whatever... they want us to kowtow, bend our knee, save their face, their honor, etc. etc. It is crazy!! And yet to get our men and women back we had to say some kind of political ....We're very sorry.... to make a deal.

Now transfer all this and more to the way they dealt with Bill and others and then you will know why you will go crazy trying to bring them to some kind of accountability.

When we attended the memorial service for W. L., we were amazed at the pomp, the exaltation. It was like attending a funeral for a head of state, or an emporor, or a king, Not a humble servant of the Lord!! Did Jesus have such a regal ending? Did any of the Apostles? No, all died just like their master and Lord. When we brought this up with our children, they said it was cultural and his family's wishes.

When I was reading Bill's accusations of the way the office and Phillip handled things in the S.E., I was shocked at his frankness. I said to myself, you never, never talk to Bro. Lee like that, in that tone. I surmised that Bill was thinking that surely B. Lee was not aware of all these under handed dealings and if he only knew he would take steps to clear everything up and possibly restore his standing in the S.E. NOT SO. It doesn't work that way in the Chinese culture. The one at the top is Lord. You do not question, or criticize, never, ever!! or you are through, finished. All those elders mentioned by W.L. became a threat to his controlling and they had to be subdued or removed. I think you had a little taste of this recently with the brothers in Bellevue.

The Texas brothers learned this early on and became the inner circle around Bro. Lee to defend him and explain how things work to the rest of the elders. You mentioned Ray Graver. Have you had any dealings with Ray? Do you know him? I would consider him the hardest of all the Texas brothers to touch. He has been loyal to the death from day one. He has been loyal without question to Bro. Lee and LSM for thirty-five years. What makes you think he is going to change now? Maybe you know something I don't.

Their concept of the kingdom is.....Me King,,,,you dumb!....And this attitude is passed down the rank and file. The smallest elder acts the same way. Those who had a mind of their own have left. Those who stayed have given up their own integrity and surrendered their person to Bro. Lee and the system. This system has permeated the LC leadership. Can you change it? Can the Lord change it? Of course He will change it in HIS TIME. Judgment must first begin at the House of the Lord.

I understand about blowing the trumpet and pushing buttons; but are their ears open? Jesus said to each church in Rev.....he that has an ear let him hear! Ephesus did not repent, did not hear and lost their lampstand. Did any of the churches hear? The Catholic Ch. is still here today. Sardis is still lukewarm, and the Lord is still on the outside of Laodicea knocking to stopped up ears! Only Philadelphia heard the Lord's word and let the Lord in.

My friendly and brotherly suggestion to you. Seek out the wounded, the oppressed, the downcast, the discouraged in your area. There must be hundreds of castaways, lost sheep needing a shepherd. Jesus left the ninety-nine and went out seeking the lost sheep. He did not convert too many Pharisees! They had no heart nor ear to listen to him! .......

...Please read Ezk. 34 and Jeremiah 23:1-4, Isa. 35:3-7, 40:11, 42:1-4, 58:6-12.....for reference. (former elder, Don Bowen, from 4 local churches)
Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #2
TLFisher

Default Re: Integrity, BBs, and a Man from Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post
A brother sent me this link to a “stirring speech that was given by Charlton Heston in 1999 on the Harvard Campus”, related to the need to have integrity in the face of “political correctness".
"Disobedience is in our DNA. We feel innate kinship to that disobedient spirit that tossed sea into Boston Harbor, that sent Thoreau to jail, that refused to sit in the back of the bus, that protested a war in Viet Nam."

What is this disobedient spirit Charlton Heston is speaking of? It's not against God, but against man's system. We can apply this same disobedient to Church Histroy. Martin Luther and his 95 Theses. John Wesley and the Church of England, and George Muller's refusal to comply to John nelson Darby.

Terry
TLFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
PriestlyScribe

Default Re: Integrity, BBs, and a Man from Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana View Post

http://www.blendedbody.com/_cl/_audi...ulturalWar.pdf There is also an audio.
Let me help everyone out by providing the entire link:
Charlton Heston - Winning the Culture War - Speech Transcript Audio Recording - 10Meg

I would suggest also an LSM/LC Politically Incorrect and Stirring Message on Parental Integrity. This strong word by a local church thinker and Professional Educator, flies in the face of the WORLDLY PHILOSOPHY of child raising currently forced on the saints by the LSM Blendeds - along with the well meaning, but compromised, Tom Goetz:

Charles Debelak (2006) - The Truth about Parenting 02, 03, 04

P.S.
Therefore seeing we have this ministry, even as we obtained mercy, we faint not; but we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by the manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. [2 Cor 4:1-2 ASV] - Our YouTube Channel - OUR WEBSITES - OUR FAVORITE SONG, ''I Abdicate''
PriestlyScribe is offline   Reply With Quote