Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Extras! Extras! Read All About It!

Extras! Extras! Read All About It! Everything else that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 05:58 AM   #1
OBW

Default Should Have Been the Start of the LRC's Repentance

Came across this doing my morning blog reading.

Quote:
It is important to draw out the pastoral consequences of the Council’s teaching, which reflects an ancient conviction of the Church. First, it needs to be said that in preaching the Gospel, a fitting sense of proportion has to be maintained. This would be seen in the frequency with which certain themes are brought up and in the emphasis given to them in preaching. For example, if in the course of the liturgical year a parish priest speaks about temperance ten times but only mentions charity or justice two or three times, an imbalance results, and precisely those virtues which ought to be most present in preaching and catechesis are overlooked. The same thing happens when we speak more about law than about grace, more about the Church than about Christ, more about the Pope than about God’s word.
Its source might be obvious, but the focus (at least to me) was not what I expected.

And more to this forum, it speaks of things the group we join here to discuss needs desperately to consider. Warts and all, at least the RCC can acknowledge that it is too easy to lose focus from what matters.

The LRC lost that focus and even fights against the possibility that it could return.

No comments necessary.
Closed Thread