Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > To God Be The Glory!

To God Be The Glory! A Place to Praise, Honor and Glorify our God! Words of Praise and Encouragement. Poems, Hymns, Prayers, Words of Wisdom, Knowledge and Prophetic Speaking

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2010, 07:52 AM   #1
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default What The Gospel Means to Me

The secular world has a saying " the gospel truth". Yes, even the world knows it's true, even more importantly they know it's the highest truth. Other things and other events may be true, but no other truth means so much or has affected the course of history so much. No matter how much this truth is discounted by the lost men of this world, or corrupted by well meaning (and almost as lost) religionists, this truth stands alone at the top of the mountain of all truths. Even all the other truths revealed in the Word of God must take a subordinate position to this truth, for if The Gospel is not true then every other so-called truth means nothing. I think the apostle Paul was trying to get this point across to the Corinthians when he wrote "and if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins." Wow Paul, you mean if this one thing, this one truth is not true, then our faith is worthless? What about all those other wonderful, deep and lofty truths you taught about?

The most amazing thing about the gospel is that it is a truth only for us humans. All the principalities and powers, and even the angles have to sit back and watch in wonder and amazement. Regarding this phenomenon the apostle Peter wrote:
"It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you, in these things which now have been announced to you through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven-- things into which angels long to look" I would think the angels would want to look into all sorts of things, like the creation of the heavens and earth, but what they really want to know about is this Gospel, this truth. Why would the God of the universe come to these "lower" creatures, stepping down to their lower level? Apparently 1/3rd of the angels rebelled and fell along with Satan, but what about these lower creatures, it seems that they all rebelled, they all fell. As far as we know, those fallen angels do not get a second chance, but will be thrown into the abyss with Satan, but we earthly creatures get a second chance. This is The Gospel, and this is the highest truth revealed in the Word of God. As far as we humans are concerned there is nothing positive without this gospel. There is no redemption, no salvation, no transformation. There is no church, no kingdom, no resurrection and no heaven.

Witness Lee was not the first one to come tickling people's ears with a "higher gospel", and he will certainly not be the last, but for the purposes of this forum we can and should discuss his "higher" gospel. Over the years on these forums there has been a lot of heated discussions on whether or not Lee preached "another gospel", and even "another Jesus". As one who heard hundreds and hundreds of Lee's messages, I find any contention regarding these matters almost amusing. Of course Lee preached another gospel, for he practically came right out and said as much - in so many words. Actually Lee's gospel is not so much another gospel as it is an additional gospel, but the affect it has on those who imbibe it is the very same as if it were another gospel. As for "another Jesus", well in my experience and observation over the years, anybody who preaches another gospel IS preaching another Jesus. Another gospel IS another Jesus. I have much to say regarding this but won't ramble on further here, except to give all thanks and praise to the Lord that I am being delivered from another gospel and am returning to "the simplicity which is in Christ". I've got a long way to go but at least I feel I'm heading in the right direction.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the balled of a cross and a crown

and the man who was so punished
though no fault in him was found
The scoffers would mocked him
even his own would flee
Still with his last breath
"Father forgive" was his plea

This is the balled of a cross and a crown

and the man who dreaded the first
then in the garden fell down
For He knew his Father