Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Fellowship Hall > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests - Jam 5:16 - Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Urgent Prayer Request From Bill W.

Those of us who have been on these forums for years will know who "Bill W." is. He has been suffering through many years of trials with this particular child. It seems it has come to a major crisis point. Let's all hold him and his family up in prayer. Let's especially pray for his son who is in need of God's grace, mercy and healing touch in a special way.

Here is the email he sent out recently:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saints, as I said in my previous email this christian life takes us to many places that are 100% contrary to our concepts. I am not superman so I am asking those of you who can to please pray for my son, he is Bipolar 1 and sometimes displays schizophrenic behavior. Lately he has refused to eat and has lost maybe 20 -25 pounds. Last night we called the police hoping they would take him to the mental ward for a fourth time, but they did nothing.

He told his brother a few days ago that he was sorry he killed us, and he is displaying erratic behavior. He refuses to take his meds, and my poor wife goes through hell because he won't let her cook for fear the house will catch on fire. He even won't let people who are replacing our tile and carpet into the house because he says they will kill us. This morning I left for work, and he was up all night as he has been for several days. I had to lock my wife in her room from the inside so he wouldn't bother her while he roams the house all night.

I am sorry I am appealing to you again about this matter, but there is no one who seems they can help us but God. Every Christian agency, government agencies, and family have no answers for us so we suffer daily.

I am afraid he could die from lack of food, and his mental state seems to be getting worse. Thank you if you could take the time to pray for him as we are in our family. I am honestly at a lost as to where this thing will take us. It has been many years that we have been dealing with him, and lately it has accelerated. Thank you for your prayers and even considering me in prayer.

Bill W.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
Cal

Default Re: Urgent Prayer Request From Bill W.

Bill, I will pray. But it sounds like it's time to have this person committed. Normal people don't have the resources or skills to deal with something at this scale. Someone stands to get hurt if this continues.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
Ohio

I'll pray also.

People seem to joke frivolously all the time about schizophrenia, but to me this is perhaps the most tragic of all illnesses. Those who suffer from it are deceived by their own senses. What they hear and what they see are no longer accurate. They usually become paranoid because they perceive dangers, which to them are very real, yet in reality, there is no danger at all.

Lord Jesus we ask for your mercy and your deliverance for this young man.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:32 AM   #4
aron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post

Lord Jesus we ask for your mercy and your deliverance for this young man.
Yes, Lord Jesus, we pray for mercy. Your name be glorified. Release the young man from every oppression. Have mercy on Bill W even as Bill has had mercy on others around him. We pray for healing in Bill's family, and peace. We thank You and praise You and bless Your name. Amen.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #5
aron

Lord Jesus be glorified in Brother Bill's house, and with all those who have had the privilege of believing into Your name.

"The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work." 1 John 3:8b

Lord Jesus destroy the work of your adversary among us. Release us into the freedom of the children of God.

"...that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God." Romans 8:21 NIV

"...Then Yeshua said to him, “Then the children are free.” Matthew 17:26 Aramaic English Bible
Old 07-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #6
Ester

Dear br. Bill, if your son is a danger to himself or to others, then he may be hospitalized on a 72 hr hold. Treatment may be started but will have to be continued as an outpatient. For schizophrenia, as well as for bipolar disorder, there are now newer injectable medications which can be given once a month or twice monthly. Invega sustenna is the name of an injectable that can be given monthly. It is expensive, about $1k a shot, but it is covered by Medical.

Both as a physician, and as one who has a family member affected by mental illness, i find the current legislation, and treatment for mental illness to be frustrating in the U.S. I pray that this may change.

As a Christian, I initially was upset with God when my family member got ill. Twenty years later, in hind sight, I see how this illness has been a blessing. Because of my brother's illness, he is able to assist my parents physically ( now that he is under treatment). As my sister and I are both married and have our own families, we are unable to physically help my parents as much.

The other thing I hold on to, is that before my brother became ill, he was saved. I look forward to the day when the Lord comes back, when there will be no more sorrows and no more tears, when my brother will be made whole again. In the meantime, I and my family will praise God and joy in Him whether through valleys or through hills, whether through sunshine or through rain.

Whether one is a Christian or not, there is suffering in this world. But as a believer, I can lean upon my Savior for strength. I and my family need not go through suffering by ourselves.

Why are there diseases and suffering in this world? Because the genes we have inherited from Adam and Eve are old and decaying. The longer man lives, the more mutations there will be. We will begin to see younger and younger people get diseases, until the day of final release...the day our Lord comes back once again, when Sin and death are to be no more!

So dear Br. bill w., hold on, stand fast, immovable, knowing that our labor in the Lord is not in vain! ( I cor 15:58)

May the Lord guide you and your family to peace. May your son find a physician he can trust who will be able to assist him and stabilize him.