Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Fellowship Hall > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests - Jam 5:16 - Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:49 AM   #1
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Facebook posting by David Kangas regarding his mother, Susan Kangas

https://www.facebook.com/david.kangas.31

----------------------------------------------------------------
As some of you may have heard, there was a recent FB post regarding my mother's health and the impact that has had both in relation to my father, Ron Kangas, as well as to our entire family. While we very much appreciate the loving responses offered by the hundreds of comments to the post on that page, the purpose of this post is to correct two inaccuracies to ensure a proper understanding of the general situation.

My mother Susan Kangas began to experience labored breathing during the last week of December, and as a result was taken to the hospital for evaluation and subsequent admission. Over the course of the following days, while the doctors were addressing her breathing issue, additional issues were identified that were a cause of concern. Further testing revealed not only the presence of cancer within my mother's body but that the cancer had already spread to multiple locations throughout her body, thus automatically categorizing it as Stage 4 and is incurable.

In discussing the situation with both the doctors and the family, as well as considering her situation before the Lord, my mother made the decision to not seek any treatment in order to enjoy her remaining days with as little suffering as possible. As her family, we support her decision and trust that others will respect it as well.

It was reported previously that between the end of last year to the beginning of this year that my father's parents (my grandparents) died, causing him additional pain and anguish. This simply is not true. Both of my grandparents passed away and went to be with the Lord more than 14 years ago. However, this situation by itself obviously weighs very heavily on my father. Since the time of the diagnosis, he has been spending significant time at home every day to support my mother and to assist with her care, requiring him to withdraw from a number of trips where he would be ministering to the churches. Much prayer is needed!

My mother is currently receiving Hospice care at home where my dad, my siblings, my own family, and a small group of saints attend to her on a daily basis. It is just a matter of time before she will go to be with the Lord who she has loved and served her entire adult life.
While the outward situation is one of much difficulty, we do sense the supply in the Body from those who have been praying and supporting us and we are very thankful to the Lord and to all of the faithful saints. Thank you so much for your loving care and supply of grace!

-------------------------------------------------------------
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:42 AM   #2
micah6v8

Default Re: Facebook posting by David Kangas regarding his mother, Susan Kangas

Let us pray for the Kangas family (regardless of whether we agree with his views on the bible)
micah6v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:19 PM   #3
JJ

Agreed. God, I pray for the Kangas family in this time of need. Rush them the comfort and healing that only you can provide. May many members of your body provide loving support and encouragement as well. In the name of Jesus. Amen.
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 10:33 PM   #4
Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Agreed. God, I pray for the Kangas family in this time of need. Rush them the comfort and healing that only you can provide. May many members of your body provide loving support and encouragement as well. In the name of Jesus. Amen.
Thank you Micah and JJ, this is what we can do. The men we address are not our enemies, we just have been given a way, on a forum, to speak our many concerns. But this is our brother and sister right now that we are talking about, and their family, with a big need in the Body and in their personal lives, that we can unobtrusively and inoffensively address - in spirit and in prayer.
Indiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:28 PM   #5
aron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
In the name of Jesus. Amen.
Amen. And I repent yet again for being a "bitter ex-member", full of sounding brass and not much love if at all. May the Lord restore our first love, to God and to each other.

"Until we all arrive..." (Eph 4:13)
Old 03-11-2016, 09:48 PM   #6
Freedom

According to a re-post I saw on Facebook of David Kangas' Facebook post, Ron's wife Susan passed away on March 9, 2016.

Quote:
For those of you have been praying for my mother, my father, and our entire family, this is to let you know that my mother passed away and went to be with the Lord earlier this evening as she was sleeping. While we will miss her dearly, we are thankful that her suffering has come to an end, knowing that she is now fully at peace in the presence of the Lord. Thank you for all of the prayer and support.

https://www.facebook.com/david.kanga...49802221711263
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote