Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > To God Be The Glory!

To God Be The Glory! A Place to Praise, Honor and Glorify our God! Words of Praise and Encouragement. Poems, Hymns, Prayers, Words of Wisdom, Knowledge and Prophetic Speaking

Old 11-16-2018, 09:12 PM   #1
BlueOrchid

Default Encouragement

Hi,
I wanted to start this thread as encouragement to brothers and sisters that have been downtrodden since finding out they were lied to about many things. I do not handle being lied to very well. For a long time I pushed away my concerns until I could not do that anymore. I fell into a deep depression, feeling far away from God and not knowing what He wants from me. Since then I have a testimony and things keep changing.

Our God is a powerful God, but I never used to believe that fully. I never used to believe in the power of prayer, and now I do. I want to encourage all who have questioned their sanity and who don't know where to begin... It's ok to feel betrayed because you have been betrayed. I used to keep everything inside and I was so angry. But when I started crying my heart out to God and not holding back anything, things really started changing. I started casting all my cares onto Him, because He careth for us. It doesn't matter how "small" our pain is, compared to someone else who may have been through worse. It validates our pain when we believe Jesus loves and wants to heal us, if only we let Him. Kind of like how Jesus wanted to wash the diciples feet, but it took humility on both parts. I had hardened my heart for so many years, unwilling to let Jesus heal me. But now my faith is now being built up every day. I never thought I could be healed and set free from so much. There is still so much to go, but now I have hope, and I never had that before. Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. Religious spirits just want to control and manipulate and there is no freedom in that. No matter how much someone tells you a religious spirit is not a religious spirit. If people cannot freely express their adoration and praise to God, and there's a set acceptable way to worship, the Spirit of God is being quenched. It's so sad. It makes me weep how much lies have kept people from the freedom God wants us to have. And not only that, the power to be a light and not hide it under a bushel.

I never thought I would get out of the despair I was in. It got to the point where I thought I would die. I felt like I was on the verge of becoming a shell of a person, forever. I felt like I had nothing, not even a soul. I was so discouraged. But God found me in my despair. Again I can't stop saying I never thought it would happen to me, I never thought I would be in the place to have a testimony and to want to encourage others. But that is where God brought me now, and I am humbled that all my pain has been turned into a means to lift up others.

I love the brothers and sisters in the local church movement. I love all the brothers and sisters on this forum. I am praying for everyone every day. We are in such a point in history that all I want is to worship in spirit and truth. Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom!!! I hope and pray we can encourage and pray for each other, lift each other up, so we can be known for our love. There has been a lot of lamentations on this forum, and for good reason. Whatever it is, everyone has been through something. I used to be afraid of speaking from my heart because of all the times I was beat down. I was not destroyed. Thank you Jesus!!
I love you all so much.
BlueOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:27 PM   #2
byHismercy

Default Re: Encouragement

Blue Orchid, thank you so much for your encouraging testimony here and on the other thread. I love more than anything to hear how He is operating in and over another, and I enjoyed your testimony, and I believe, truly edified with it! I think it would be awesome if there were a thread chapter dedicated exclusively to believers testimonies of Jesus, I would keep my nose in that book all day....bless you, sister and I am so happy to see Him pouring out the Spirit in you and increasing your faith and building you up after you've been beat down. He is the Great and Greatest Physician, ever. Bless Jesus, and bless you.

byHismercy
byHismercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 06:46 AM   #3
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOrchid View Post
Hi,
I wanted to start this thread as encouragement to brothers and sisters that have been downtrodden since finding out they were lied to about many things. I do not handle being lied to very well.
Wow! Thanks for sharing and encouraging me.

No one likes to be deceived or betrayed. I have spent many an hour considering how Jesus was betrayed. When walking thru the valley of the shadow of death, His betrayal becomes our deepest encouragement. (I Corinthians 11.23)
Old 11-17-2018, 08:05 AM   #4
leastofthese

I hate to muddy your thread, but I wanted to thank you for sharing. God is alive and moving - stories like yours happen every day to people who "never thought it would happen" to them.
Old 12-23-2022, 06:22 AM   #5
JJ

The Lord pointed me to this simple prayer this morning (very encouraging!)

https://biblehub.com/2_thessalonians/2-16.htm
https://biblehub.com/2_thessalonians/2-17.htm

The fact that the Lord Jesus Christ and God our Father Himself loved us (worms like Jacob) alone is worth marveling over!
https://biblehub.com/isaiah/41-14.htm
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NASB)

Last edited by JJ; 12-23-2022 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Added comment
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote