Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Writings of Former Members > Papers by various

Old 07-21-2019, 06:17 PM   #1
MrsFreedom

Default Re: Open Letter - Dear Saints in the Lord's Recovery

LSM has officially made public a fellowship they gave about my letter to 900 former trainees. Of course they did not include a link to the letter and they told people to not look at it.

Here's what they say:

"During the recent semiannual training in Anaheim there was a special time of fellowship with around 900 former FTTA trainees in response to some recent negative writing online. During this gathering, brothers Minoru Chen, Chris Wilde, James Lee, and Albert Lim shared their testimonies and their heart for the next generation of the Lord’s recovery. Afterwards, a group of graduates of FTTA testified of their encouraging experience in the church life, their appreciation of the Word and the ministry which opens up the Word, and of their one accord with the older generation.

In these days, the Lord is moving to close this age. As the army typified in Numbers is being raised up, the enemy would try and drive a wedge between the generations of the Lord’s recovery. This blended speaking, given in an atmosphere of love and tenderness, was a testimony of the oneness among us and our stand against the enemy’s divisive work. Rather than be distracted by the enemy’s tactics, may we have the heart of those with Nehemiah to “rise up and build, and strengthen our hands for the good work” of the building of God’s house (Neh. 2:18). May the Lord richly bless His recovery through this speaking!

The audio recording of this meeting is now available here. As a point of clarification, the tremors of a distant earthquake were felt during the previous evening’s message and were referenced in some of the brothers’ sharing. Also, we strongly encourage the saints not to search out the referenced online negative writing out of curiosity."

The Facebook page Living to Him can be found here with the audio:
http://bit.ly/LivingtoHimFellowship

How is this not censoring information? How is this not controlling the saints by telling them what they can or can't read?

~J
MrsFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:53 AM   #2
Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFreedom View Post
The audio recording of this meeting is now available here. As a point of clarification, the tremors of a distant earthquake were felt during the previous evening’s message and were referenced in some of the brothers’ sharing. Also, we strongly encourage the saints not to search out the referenced online negative writing out of curiosity."
The reference to "tremors" was your letter or actual tremors in SoCal?
Old 07-22-2019, 10:04 AM   #3
aron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
The reference to "tremors" was your letter or actual tremors in SoCal?
I bet that went over real well. Blended Brother at the podium: "The Lord's recovery can never be shaken, because it's built on the ground of oneness, the ground of locality..." (rumble...) (crowd murmurs...)

Here's a post from FB today:

Quote:
Hi! I don't know you, but the words in your letter speak so much from my own heart. This is my husband's fb, but when I saw the email about the `special fellowship' and the exhortation not to seek it out, I had to find it. I have loose ties to the recovery still, but I've been mostly free for about 3 years. It's still so hard and reading this....wow. so helpful! Thank you!
The worst thing they could do was assemble 900 former FTTA trainees and say, "Please don't read that letter!!" The best thing they could do is instead deal with the contents of the letter.

But God will have His way. Minoru Chen recently said that this (2019) is the Year of Jubilee. The prisoners will be set free, and the blind will get their sight back. Amen, Lord.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:08 PM   #4
Unregistered

The brother said LSM have thousands and millions of God people. Which group of staints he's referring to? Protestant? I highly doubt it LSM has millions of saints worldwide. But one thing I do want to agree with him: the Lord recovery is the Lord recovery. I'm only refering to not only LSM but many other ministries that the Lord used for his economy. LSM problem is that they are too ego to neglect the reality and went on with their sectarianism attitude, when others don't agree with them they say they are divisive and sin against God. Well, it's so hard for me to accept this super tiny group of Christian have a special kind of light, from WL.. if WL is wrong (obviously he's not fully right), countless of innocenct souls are scammed. I'm ok suffer for the Lord but I sense many suffer for one man opinion, a system. LSM is the continuation of the Plymouth Brethren.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:26 AM   #5
MrsFreedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The brother said LSM have thousands and millions of God people. Which group of staints he's referring to? Protestant? I highly doubt it LSM has millions of saints worldwide.
Minoru stated that "the Lord's recovery" has millions of saints to make it sound like they have such strength in numbers right now. I do not think that number is accurate. Thousands- yes, millions- no.

LSM has typically disassociated itself with the Shouter cult spinoffs and the Eastern Lightning cult spinoff related to Witness Lee, but Minoru is likely using those numbers in that special fellowship audio.

An interesting article about Eastern Lightning: http://bit.ly/EasternLightningWitnessLee
MrsFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:38 AM   #6
Jo S

Quote:
Minoru stated that "the Lord's recovery" has millions of saints to make it sound like they have such strength in numbers right now. I do not think that number is accurate.
It is if you consider them as just one part of many other similar ecumenical movements happening around the globe.
Jo S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 12:14 PM   #7
aron

On Jo Casteel FB page:

“Anything that can be destroyed by the truth deserves to be destroyed by the truth.”
Amen.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:23 AM   #8
Cal

Quote:
How is this not censoring information? How is this not controlling the saints by telling them what they can or can't read?

~J
LR success has ALWAYS been based on maintaining a state of ignorance. It cannot survive without it.
Cal is offline   Reply With Quote