Local Church Discussions  

Go Back   Local Church Discussions > Extras! Extras! Read All About It!

Extras! Extras! Read All About It! Everything else that doesn't seem to fit anywhere else

Old 03-15-2019, 11:57 PM   #1
Trapped

Default Interesting Article on Removal of Lampstand

I was researching commentaries on "removing the lampstand" and came across this brief and interesting article.....I definitely chuckled as I was fully expecting LSM to be mentioned somewhere but ironically it wasn't. Just thought I'd share since you all will be quick to see the relevance......

https://www.padfield.com/1996/christ...lampstand.html

I also thoroughly appreciate that it is such a solid stand. "10,000 editors couldn't sway". Why? Because the Lord is the one who does it. No one else.
Trapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 03:33 AM   #2
Ohio

Default Re: interesting article on removal of lampstand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapped View Post
I was researching commentaries on "removing the lampstand" and came across this brief and interesting article.....I definitely chuckled as I was fully expecting LSM to be mentioned somewhere but ironically it wasn't. Just thought I'd share since you all will be quick to see the relevance......

https://www.padfield.com/1996/christ...lampstand.html

I also thoroughly appreciate that it is such a solid stand. "10,000 editors couldn't sway". Why? Because the Lord is the one who does it. No one else.
Here's the quote most fitting to LSM . . .

Quote:
Politics in the secular world I grudgingly tolerate—politics in the Lord's church I abhor.
But wait, LSM will claim exemption, since rules about churches don't apply to them as a ministry.
Old 03-16-2019, 06:18 AM   #3
UntoHim
ἐμοὶ γὰρ τὸ ζῆν Χριστὸς - - For To Me To Live Is Christ!

Default Re: interesting article on removal of lampstand

Quote:
If the Lord determines to remove the lampstand from a group of His people, ten thousand editors couldn't sway His judgment. If the Lord is pleased with His people in any given city, it doesn't really matter what some self-appointed guardian of the brotherhood says! "Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: The Lord knows those who are His" (2 Tim. 2:19).
Not sure who this David Padfield guy is, or his Church of Christ in Zion, but this quote above is pretty insightful, and biblical I believe.

"If the Lord determines to remove the lampstand". This is the phrase that stands out. Only God himself can recognize and legitimatize any local church, church group or association of churches, and not some apostle wannabe who couldn't pass a vacation bible school pop quiz in theology.

-
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote